1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow! :shock:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Finally some video to back up my assertion that bikes can't keep up with cars around the twisties. I think there was some debate about that over on FA last yr.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Heh, sweet. Interesting, also, is the comment that the AWD makes a car slower on a dry track; that has bee a point of some debate as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mushutofu said:
http://www.unknownzone.be/zones/cars/c4vsr1.wmv
but it took a porsche to beat a bike thou...i don't think u can use this race to generalize the argument that cars beat bikes in twisties

·
Registered
848 Posts
pjizzy said:
mushutofu said:
http://www.unknownzone.be/zones/cars/c4vsr1.wmv
but it took a porsche to beat a bike thou...i don't think u can use this race to generalize the argument that cars beat bikes in twisties
Sorry gang, I should have kept my mouth shut. Let's just consider that the topic that shall not be mentioned. I nearly turned into a holy war on FA before. :-x

·
Registered
176 Posts
The bike threw the race

The bike is obviously sand-bagging. Look at how slow the bike is going around the curves. I wonder if porsche was some how involved :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Loved it!!! They facter Audi's in sedan racing for a reason!

·
Registered
176 Posts
particlefx said:
Clearly the porsche was sand-bagging on the straights. :p
Right... Look at the opening video and you'll notice the bike is leaning like 60+ degrees on the turns. Then during the actual "race" the bike doesn't exceed 45 degrees in the turns.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd like to suggest that we drop this because we've all got an opinion on it, and I'm sure that we won't be able to change anybodys. But if ya all want to argue...press on. As a friend of mine, who always starts stuff and stands back to watch the fireworks, likes to say: "I ain't in it!" :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
dinofx35 said:
particlefx said:
Clearly the porsche was sand-bagging on the straights. :p
Right... Look at the opening video and you'll notice the bike is leaning like 60+ degrees on the turns. Then during the actual "race" the bike doesn't exceed 45 degrees in the turns.
Umm... That has nothing to do with my comment so I don't know why you're quoting me. :?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Either way I just thought the vid was interesteting and wanted to share. Many Many comparos can be made between certain bikes and cars. ****, why didn't they put in a Porsche 4S or some other bike more suprerior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts