Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

So, Has anyone installed the Pioneer AVIC-N1(N2) in the stock clock location yet? Or for that matter any Nav with pop out screen in same location? Just want to see how it looks as far as visability in there.

Also, Will the tranny shifter get in the way of the pop out screen? As far as I know, the screen needs to extend fully out horizontally before flipping upward.

I wonder if there's enough clearance in front of the cassette cover for a viewable angle for the pop out screen? :?

TIA

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
contaygious said:
i think this is what u were looking for right?

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... light=avic
That a great discussion, but the questions asked by Lovett and GAMacky were never answered. Looks like infinitiFX and you were close to buying a Piooner AVIC-N1. Did you guys get it? I guess this hasn't been done... yet :twisted:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Several (2 or 3 that I can think of) have installed aftermarket headunits in the clock location - the questions I would have would be:

(1) depth of the Avic N1 (or N2) vs. a typical HU - my guess is that they're the same
(2) whether you could deploy the pop-out screen with the shifter in park and whether it would interfere with stock A/C and A/V controls when open.
(3) how would you interface the aftermarket Nav for voice prompts. You'd need some type of AUX input for audio, easy enough, but then since you wouldn't want to be in AUX mode all the time you'd have to be able to "break in" to whatever happens to be playing (radio, CD, tape, whatever) when the Nav wants to tell you something.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ShadyJC said:
(3) how would you interface the aftermarket Nav for voice prompts. You'd need some type of AUX input for audio, easy enough, but then since you wouldn't want to be in AUX mode all the time you'd have to be able to "break in" to whatever happens to be playing (radio, CD, tape, whatever) when the Nav wants to tell you something.
At that point Shady, I would make the aftermarket unit my main unit and just run everything from there (CD, Radio, MP3 player). The navi voice interruption won't be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.