Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day (Monday) I lock my keys in the FX. Second time on 3 weeks. Never did this in 8 years with the Explorer. Anway, it's a busy day, my wife is out of town, the house key is locked in the car, and my neighbor who has a key doesn't get off work until 5:00pm (it's about 2:00pm now). I decide to use our roadside warranty. Call the the 800 number. They tell me I should get a call within 30 minutes. Within 20 minutes, Pop-A-Lock calls, there on the way. The kid gets his "slim Jim" tool thingy and goes to work. Can't get the front door open. Moves to the back door. I sense some frustration as he makes a couple of calls. Come to find out, he has gotten the "slim Jim" stuck in the rear door. He calls another guy. He shows up quickly. He can't get the other guys "slim Jim" unstuck but gets the front door unlocked. He tries again to get the tool unstuck, but no luck. It's now 2.5 hours since they showed up (did I mention it was a busy day).

It's now Thursday evening, I still have the "slim Jim" stuck in the door. I have an appt. with the local Infiniti dealer in the morning.

So how's your week been?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You are going to get some looks when you drive to the dealer.

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is a great story. I'm glad you are able to laugh at it now.

Make sure the dealer lets you keep the slim jim. It sound like you may need it again soon if the pattern remains. There must be some place on the internet you can go to learn how to use it. 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Two words:
W-A-L-L-E-T
K-E-Y.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree with the wallet key...mine is in the wallet...or carry the extra remote in your other pocket...you can hide a magnetic under the car if you don't have room in your wallet for the key..good luck
Phil

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fob

Doesn't the electronic key fob virtually eliminate locking the keys in?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update. The slim jim was removed on Friday. Didn't keep it, didn't ask for it. I was just glad to have this little ordeal over with. Cost Pop-A-Lock $110. The scratches/scuffs came out with a little wax and some elbow grease.

As far as the other comments, I did get a couple of interesting locks. Especially from a cop that I pasted on the interstate. The wallet key is a good idea, but I hate sitting on a thick wallet all day and I imagine it would be a pain going through security at airports (I travel a fair amount). It's in the case with the manuals. I don't have the intelli-key thing. Carrying an extra remote in my pocket, I don't think so. I don't like the one I have, but wouldn't give it up for anything.

I think I just need to take some drugs that help with the old memory...........did I tell you the story about getting the slim jim stuck in the window?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
kxfx45 said:
The wallet key is a good idea, but I hate sitting on a thick wallet all day
Poor excuse:

and I imagine it would be a pain going through security at airports (I travel a fair amount).
You put the wallet in your basket with your keys and cellphone. NBD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.