Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you turn off your car (Or press POWER while DVD is playing), does the DVD player eject the DVD automatically, causing the DVD to start over at the beginning the next time you turn it on?
Related: does your car have XM or Sirius radio?

The reason I am asking is that my 2004 FX35 with XM radio is ejecting the DVD for no reason. This is bad for two reasons. Kids might step on the disc which is sticking half out of the unit. But, most annoying is that the DVD will not resume playback at the location where you turned it off, a feature which I enjoyed in my FX35 which was totaled in Decemeber.

The only difference between my 04 and 03 FX is the addition of XM radio. I find it unacceptable that adding an option to your car should impact the behavior of another option. For example, if you have ICC, then when you are using *normal* cruise control, you cannot engage the cruise when using manual shifting. But, cars with ICC allow this.

My car is 5 days old, but I will definitely be taking it in for service to see if this problem can be fixed. If not, I will ask NNA for a refund for my XM radio, and to have it uninstalled for free.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, same here. It took me a couple trips to get through each of the Matrix movies. The movie always picked up where I left it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
DVD never ejects on power on/off but I do not have Sat radio on mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
esemes said:
1)

have xm, fact installed prior to purchase

2)

have dvd, again, fact. installed
Do you have 2004 or 2003?
I hope my dealer can fix it. I'm going in Wednesday.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem has been solved. The DVD unit was replaced. The new unit does not exhibit the auto-eject behavior. Yeah! But it did take around 4 weeks for the part to arrive :-(

·
Registered
551 Posts
My 04 does the auto eject thing.....I was wondering what the nosie was. Question...does the replacement model ( fix ) have the ability to power 2 screens?? I understand that 1 model does not.

Planning on NAV tv at some point..........

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
dinofx35 said:
My car is 5 days old
Interesting. Someone on FA a while ago had this problem, too. FWIW, my 03 w/o SAT keeps the disc, and resumes in-place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts