Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Naviplus just came out with a plug and play solution for our cars that involves no wire cutting and is 100% hassel free. Why risk the warranty problems. Their unit is universal that means just buy another harness for the future car. Also no relays like AV electronics.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How much?

Is it truly plug and play, including not having to splice into the video signal wires from the DVD player? I'd buy one today if this were the case.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Has ne1 here installed and using this product?
I do not see a FX45 on their web page.
(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the unit is 100% plug and play that means you just plug it in no video wires to splice only connect the power for the unit and put the ground on a ring terminal and place it behined any screw and you done.

Relays are bad because they have moving parts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
vsokolov said:
Relays are bad because they have moving parts.
Sorry to be off topic, but does that mean you use all solid state relays for your alarms and remote starts?

The average life span of a relay begins at 100,000 cycles. In this application I can't see how mechanical relays are a 'down side.'

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alex said:
vsokolov

How much is plug in and play unit? Where do you exactly do you plug it in? Can you post some additional features and possible pics?

Thanks
I was quoted $375+shipping.

I too want to see pics of this unit. I volunteered to be the "guinea pig" and post install pics, but I'm still on the fence due to the cost and relative lack of info about the product.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks very much for the picture, vsokolov! :)

Is the harness in the picture all that is required to connect the Naviplus to both the DVD player and the front Nav screen? Looks almost TOO simple and easy......I was expecting more wiring to go out to the DVD player.

I'm assuming the 15-pin connects to the Naviplus adapter, and the other two ends are for the male/female factory wiring harness. Where does the DVD player output connect to this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You take the d sub cable and conect to the naviplus unit just like a standard minotor. The naviplus unit has a d-sub input

·
Registered
54 Posts
I appreciate your reply, but you only answered one question......is the harness in the picture the only one required for this setup (ie, do both the DVD and Nav screen hook up to this harness)?

On your web site the NAVI+ unit only says "rgb out" on the side of it where the "plug and play" connector hooks up to it. I'm assuming that this output goes to the Nav screen. If so, where is the DVD plug and play part of this setup? I can't tell, but it looks like there is an RCA plug on the opposite end of the unit. Is this the DVD input?

I can imagine you are busy where you work, but I really wish that I didn't have to ask a bunch of questions and have them answered one at a time. I promise that I am in the market for the easiest/least expensive solution to put the rear DVD signal onto the front Nav display and allow me to switch between DVD/Nav.......I will be the first in line to buy this product when I am satisfied it meets my requirements. Please be more forthcoming with the information.....the more the better! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sorry for only answering one question at a time. The DVD player would connect to the RCA jack located on my unit. Then you would ground out the DVD player by putting a ring terminal and securing it under a screw cap then run the power wire from the DVD player to an empty fuse holder the car should have at least two positions. Or you can power the DVD player by finding an accessory wire closest to the DVD player. My suggestion is you buy my unit with the plug and play harness and pay a professional about 60-70 to do the install it can be done in 30 minutes depending where the DVD player will be mounted. I'm not saying this to offend you but I have many customers attempt the install and end up braking many panels in the car and scratching their new cars because of either a lack of tools or experience in removing panels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
vsokolov said:
I'm sorry for only answering one question at a time. The DVD player would connect to the RCA jack located on my unit. Then you would ground out the DVD player by putting a ring terminal and securing it under a screw cap then run the power wire from the DVD player to an empty fuse holder the car should have at least two positions. Or you can power the DVD player by finding an accessory wire closest to the DVD player. My suggestion is you buy my unit with the plug and play harness and pay a professional about 60-70 to do the install it can be done in 30 minutes depending where the DVD player will be mounted. I'm not saying this to offend you but I have many customers attempt the install and end up braking many panels in the car and scratching their new cars because of either a lack of tools or experience in removing panels.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for us Infiniti owners who have a stock (meaning factory installed) DVD player in the back. There is no RCA jack output on the factory DVD player, and that means that you will need to splice wires on the factory DVD player to make this work.

So, you created a wiring harness to make the front screen "plug and play," which I appreciate. However, the connection to the FACTORY DVD player is not, which is not a good thing because this is probably the hardest part of the system to tap in to.

$375 is a steal, if you were to make this unit 100% plug and play. Unfortunately, it is not in it's current form. There are a lot of FX owners out there with the factory DVD player in the back of our cars, and I believe that you will have a big market potential if you were to create a second harness for the DVD player.

Chuck

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats for sure........I would buy one if truly P & P

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.