Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On G35 Driver, there's a GB. Tony's spacer yields performance increase on par with the Crawford Plenum but cost half the price. Though it does add a bit more growl to the engine whereas the new cast Crawford Plenum stays right around stock.

Biggest HP gain over stock is with the 1/2". Will fit the FX but chances are it will be noticed by a tech at the dealer. Keep that in mind if you don't have a mod friendly dealer.

If 5 more people hop on, another 5% will be knocked off the prices below.

Updated prices are on page 11 I think.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread. ... e=13&pp=15

305Z ss 1/4" spacer discounted price = $146
G35 3/8" plenum spacer discounted price = $161
Motordyne XL 1/2" plenum spacer discountd price = $183

$10 shipping in the continental US. Contact me for other shipping locations.
California residents add 8.25% tax.

You can send your payments via paypal to:
[email protected]
When you do, mark "PAID" next to your name on the group buy list.

Shipments will go out in the order they are recieved. Shipping is regularly scheduled to go out every Saturday (so I have time to do all the packaging) but I'll start packing and shipping them out ASAP. The sooner you place your order the sooner they're gone!

**If you don't mind waiting for the group buy to exceeded 50 (confirmed) units, I can take off another 5%.

Tony Colette
Motordyne Engineering

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI the GB is on G35 Driver. Not sure why we need to make a list here.

Just head over if you want a good deal and add your name.

I'm on the list.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the info Taz!! i am going to get on that list as well, i would also like to know if our stock engine cover will fit with the 1/2" spacer :?:

I guess we might have to be Guinea Pigs

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was just curious as to the FXers who are on the GB. If i go to the other forum i'd have to screen through all the g35ers and 350zers who are buying too.

So I know who to ask when it comes to butt dyno on the FX. :)

It's cool. I guess there are a couple of FXers on there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ak1nza said:
I was just curious as to the FXers who are on the GB. If i go to the other forum i'd have to screen through all the g35ers and 350zers who are buying too.

So I know who to ask when it comes to butt dyno on the FX. :)

It's cool. I guess there are a couple of FXers on there.
Still makes no sense. Takes 2 seconds to scroll through the list, just look at the last page.

As I said, price is a great deal. Normally the 1/2" spacer is $245. Going for $183, that's basically half the price of a Crawford with the same performance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hit 50 people on the GB, so the prices dropped again. Looks to be a great deal.

See below.

For an introductory GB this thing is really moving. At this rate we should easily pass the big 50.

The new prices are in effect starting now!!!
If you already paid you will have a rebate applied back through Paypal.

New prices are rounded down:
MD 350Z ss 1/4" Plenum Spacer - $135
MD G35 3/8" Plenum Spacer - $150
MD XL 1/2" Plenum Spacer - $170

Shipping anywhere in the continental US is $10.
Ca. Residents add 8.25% tax

PS for the guys getting a rebate. Give me time to process your refund after the GB is over. I will have a lot of paperwork to process! Thank you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Help w/process

I'm in , for the 1/2", but a neophite on Paypal and how to get on list. Followed the link and got a description, no list??? What gives and be easy on me.
Dave

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes OEM cover fits since the spacer sits in between the upper and lower plenum. All you're doing is raising the upper plenum.

You have an upper and lower plenum... think clamshell. You slide the spacer in to increase the spacing between the two. End result is that the front bank of cylinders gets more air, as do the rest of them. The spacer just increases the overall volume of the plenum.

Dyno comparison Crawford versus Spacer
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42169

Based on everything that I've heard, you can use a Crawford because it's just a modified stock plenum. But you won't get much, if any gains from it since the spacer already takes care of the airflow issue by increasing the volume of air in the plenum.

As to how to get on the list check out the thread listed below. Look at the last page on the list, make sure you quote the last post in the thread that as names listed and add your name to the list. When you send in your paypal, refer to the G35 driver and you name on the list in the notes. You need to be registered on G35 driver to be able to get on the list.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread. ... e=13&pp=15

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Good work,it not only says equal air,but more air

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paying today. Want to double check clearance with the STB. If we raise the plenum up 1/2", want to be sure there is room.

** EDIT - LOL nm, I'm retarded. We must have 3" of clearance. Paid, should have it end of week.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
esemes said:
okay, i get it.......

so, what would the spacer AND the plenum do for ya?

hmmmm......
Given the fact that you have decreasing returns on HP gain after the 1/2" spacer, I'm guessing not much. Probably not worth it to buy one, but it won't hurt if you already have one.

I'll ping Tony, the guy that developed the spacers, and see what he says.

·
Registered
387 Posts
tazdevl said:
Paying today. Want to double check clearance with the STB. If we raise the plenum up 1/2", want to be sure there is room.

** EDIT - LOL nm, I'm retarded. We must have 3" of clearance. Paid, should have it end of week.

So there is room for the STB with a 1/2" spacer?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.