Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plaese Help, 2004 FX35 burned 4 ignition coils

I need help, my car is 24 days in the shop, the mechanic says I have to buy a new control unit with MEC35 411-A1 4708 reference and can not find already tried. Please someone help me find this control unit. and they advise me to do more beyond the unit with me because I already have the coils. write from Angola

·
Registered
1 Posts
sampla, did you manage to solve the problem?
having same problems with my car.

Registered just to ask you. Please respond.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
He's only made one post ever. You probably need to try to PM him for an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there , have you fix the 2004 INFINITI FX35 problem because i have a 2005 INFINITI FX35 with the same echues
coils get burned , and i am trying to find a used ECU ,
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im having same problem anyone ever figure it out ?
ITB11-017 describes this issue and how to resolve it.
There is an engine to chassis ground cable to ground the motor to the chassis. This is the engine/trans main ground.
A negative battery terminal to chassis cable which is the main ground for the battery.
And a single bolt under the dash to the right side that helps ground the ecu through the dash.
The ground cables touch a painted surface and rely on the bolts to carry current and keep a solid ground for the engine and ecu. Over time those bolts oxidize and become more resistive. The ignition coils are very sensitive to this and will fail/melt. Clean the paint off under those ground cables and replace the bolt for the ecu ground with a more conductive bolt. It sounds silly but its how I resolved my issue with this.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts