Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take it anymore. As much as I love my FX, I feel I paid too much. I keep reading about the great buys you guys made and it's making me wish I had negotiated better. I got mine for less than MSRP for sure but it sounds like a lot of you bought them at invoice. I started off at invoice but I should've began the negotiations below that. Arrgh! This is one of the reasons why I haven't bought a new car since 1989.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shong43826 said:
I know what you are saying... I paid 49k out the door...and I think I over paid...
Man, I told you not to tell me, dangit! Now stop torturing me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
shong43826 said:
BUT... the reason why people tell others how much they paid is so that new buyers can save money when they buy their FX~ :)
This is exactly what I had in mind when I post my purchase price. Hope all future fx owners get their fx for the best price.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As a 45 owner like you, I feel your pain.

MSRP 54K

Still owe 48K on it after 6 months of ownership.

Damnit

·
Registered
549 Posts
Now this is an eye opener. I just pulled out my purchase invoice for my 2003 FX45 with absolutely every possible option available when they first came out including tow hitch, roof rails, LoJack, lifetime oil changes, Chrome 20"wheels, vehicle ID stamps/data-base, etc.. Then I immediately got 20% tint the next day. Only item I didn't get as it was not available yet was the XM/Sirius SAT radio. I paid $58,291.61 ($4411.61 taxes) out-of-the-door and that's with ~$3K off MSRP which I know was the best deal at that time (~2-3 months after first appearance of FX45 in Southern, CA. since I received Internet/fleet manager price quotes from no less than 6 dealerships, then delved even further with the finance manager). I paid "too much" compared to how the market has gone starting 6 mos after the FX introduction, but it was still easily $20K out-the-door less than my 2002 ML55 AMG and a fully-loaded 2003 4.6is X5 I compared at the time which pretty much sell for MSRP. It's all relative. I hope my post makes you feel better. :lol:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much better now. Thanks Dave. Also, I have to remember that I had intended to buy a Cayenne S for $65K but changed my mind at the last minute. I think Forbes just listed the Cayenne in the automotive turkey category due to all the recalls.

·
Registered
549 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
Much better now. Thanks Dave. Also, I have to remember that I had intended to buy a Cayenne S for $65K but changed my mind at the last minute. I think Forbes just listed the Cayenne in the automotive turkey category due to all the recalls.
Coming from a fellow Porsche enthusiast, I believe that you would have been sorely dissappointed with the Cayenne. I may have posted this here before, but when someone asks me whether I would like to see their beautiful "Porsche," I'm at full attention. Were the garage door to open and expose the ugly flank of a "Pepper," I would have been truly disappointed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I paid under invoice for my 05. I wont tell you by how much cause you may feel even worse.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's why everyone who purchased a a MY2003/2004 early in the year better keep them a little longer since we've taken the biggest hit on the depreciation. No worries. Just drive and enjoy! All automobiles are a "depreciating asset." Nevertheless, I don't believe that many owners will state that they bought their FX a year or 2 later than they could have just because they felt that greater supply/competition could get them a better deal.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ShadyJC said:
If it makes you feel better I paid full list for a Mercedes CLK a few years ago.
I paid MSRP for an '01 MDX in March of '01 and considered it a good deal; at the time 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
(Don't look!)
$200 over invoice, and I got a cargo mat and a few Infiniti trinkets thrown in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kcrudup said:
(Don't look!)
Cruel! I'm gonna cry now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
kcrudup said:
(Don't look!)
Cruel! I'm gonna cry now.
Particlefx talks about the fact that everyone loves to boast how little they've paid for the FX and then, WHAM! The torture chamber is set and a string of posts bask in cantdrv55's malicious agony.....I'm feeling the heat now. :evil: :shock:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
crazy canucks

You want to know pain?

A 2005 FX35 AWD (no RWD avail.) with tech package in Canada is $60,800 CDN MSRP

To build a comparable car in the US, you would need the 2005 FX35 AWD base model and add-on the touring, tech, DVD and LDW, and the splash guards for a grand total of $45,230 US MSRP or at an exchange rate of 1.18, a grand total of $53,371 CDN MSRP.

That's a savings of over $7000 CDN before negotiations!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I made my deal for an '04 35 last Nov right when the '04s were hitting the showrooms. Didn't want an '03. Found a great way to "deal" which wasn't dealing at all.

I never offered a price. I sent faxes to dealers within reasonable distance explaining exactly which model, options and colors I wanted with both the invoice price and MSRP. Basically: here's what I want and here's what I know you paid. Also included was the 2% mfr rebate I knew the dealers got. (BTW, this method courtesy of fightingchance.com)

Within 30 minutes I had two offers for near invoice and I was willing to give them slightly over invoice. Both offers were for substantially less than I was willing to pay. Eventually made a deal (over the phone) with my preferred dealer for less than either of the two original offers.

Bottom line - don't offer anything - let them tell you what they're willing to sell it to you for. Go down from there. They eventually ended up throwing in some freebies later, too. All in all, I was really happy with the deal I made.

Tough part was waiting 4 months for delivery!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts