Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

scared ya didn't i ???

anyhow, on a serious note, i love my FX35 so much, but i have to say that i go thru these periods where i wished i did the 45 thing. particularly when im trying to pass some slow-pokes on a bit of an incline and im not getting the oomph i want when i floor it. my problem is that im too much of a speed junky :roll:

there's really no point to this post, but i figure id vent my feelings and see if anyone else has the same thoughts.

ever since the VPP thing has been available , my mind is a wandering :)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I don't know what it is about these FXen and some of us, though. It just ... "fits". I test drove a metric assload of cars before I got my FX- before I plopped down anywhere from 50-to-70 large I was gonna make ga-**** sure- and every time, I came back to the '45. The '04 540i? Not available in everything I wanted for 5 months. The E320 and S430? Too soft-feeling (and the AMG versions blew past my budget- I wish I could lease here in SoCal, but there's too many miles of road here). I didn't like the styling of the M- or Q-45. Nothing domestic even got a 2nd look, and Honda doesn't realize the best way to propel an Acura is via the rear wheels.

Is it perfect? **** no! Would I give it up for anything that's common on the streets? **** no! (Now, certain "Prancing Horses" or "Brabus" badges might hafta make me give exception to that rule!)

The biggest regret I have about my FX is I'm legally prevented from using it to its best potential. I loved my couda-done-that-all-day, 100+ MPH trip to Lo$t Wage$ a few days ago, but keeping one eye on the detector and another in the rear view sapped a lot of the fun out of the trip.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah...i cant figure out the acura thing either. all of the TL owners that really like the car , find that the FWD is just eating them alive. so much so that acura is now going to offer the SH-AWD in the TL next year to get some of the power to the rear wheels ;)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
so much so that acura is now going to offer the SH-AWD in the TL next year to get some of the power to the rear wheels
... which is still the bass-ackwards way of doing it- their setup's for inclement weather, not handling improvement.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
kcrudup said:
Sheeit- don't think I haven't thought of a trip up there!
6. Take the I-15 NORTH exit towards BARSTOW - go 1053.3 mi

12 hours of your life reduced to a single sentence. :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
My previous car was a 2003 TL type-S...I had headers, CAI, pulley, rims...but in the end I hated the FWD! Torque steer was rediculous...but my car did haul ass and I miss that V-tec pull :(

Handlling sucked! I almost ate it hardcore going 120 when my car decided to do a 360 in the middle of the street.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Take the I-15 NORTH exit towards BARSTOW - go 1053.3 mi
ShadyJC said:
But (referencing a thread on FA) this is where the Nav's "turn screen" can eliminate "white line fever"- I expect no less than 200 popups telling you to stay on the current road at every freeway interchange!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kcrudup said:
Take the I-15 NORTH exit towards BARSTOW - go 1053.3 mi
ShadyJC said:
But (referencing a thread on FA) this is where the Nav's "turn screen" can eliminate "white line fever"- I expect no less than 200 popups telling you to stay on the current road at every freeway interchange!
at least you dont have to listen to lane departure warnings too :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok, someone's gotta say something negative about the FX so it might as well be me. Squeaks/rattles and 14 mpg. Other than that, I love it. Oh yeah, one more thing. The FX45 has made me the most impatient driver in the world. I hate that I have the horses to pass up almost everybody but can't because I'd lose my driving priviledges. It's really a catch-22.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
Ok, someone's gotta say something negative about the FX so it might as well be me: ... 14 mpg.
(Yours is that high?!)
On the real, though, I knew that before buying 'cause it was mentioned in every review I've read.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is why a fast, but not overwhelmingly so, really-high-tech V-8 (even with the 4400lbs we're hauling around) gets such poor mileage.

I've got to find out, but does anyone know the MPGs of the Cay V-8?

·
Registered
138 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Cay-V8. I'll ask him and report back here.

·
Registered
882 Posts
what is Really sad is how the 45 gets the same mileage if not better than a 35... :?:

Davezaristo gets the same MPG as my 35 :cry:

...I don't have a lead foot but I do gun the car once in a while

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Storm-FX said:
My mpg is 12,5 for last 500 miles - city driving. Not so good.
Boy, do I have bad news for you ... that's actually about right.

I guess the Cay's 14-18 means it's less than ours, 'cause we're rated 15C/19H and I've never seen either figure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm happy with the 15 mpg that I've been averaging in mostly city driving. Our Durango only gets 10 - 12mpg. We got lucky once and hit 15 when we were going down a mountain on a highway with a tail wind.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yeah, for a SUV for whatever reason that is pretty average for me.

94 Ford Explorer - 14/15mpg
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 18/19mpg
01 Lexus LX470 - 15/16mpg
04 FX35 - 16/17mpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts