Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting this plastic chatter from A/T console cover. After driving more than 30 min, this noise starts. If I put my hand on there, it stops for the short moment and it starts again. It's getting worse. :(

Has any of you removed the cover before? Probably I need to remove the shift knob first. Can you tell me how to remove the knob? I just fixed the noise from the front driver side door and now here comes another one. I wish Infiniti improve their build quality. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
This will help you remove the parts you need: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288849339

One change of order: remove the HVAC/radio bezel first (after the shift knob), then the clock panel is easy to pull out, then you just pull up on the center console cover and it comes up. Keep the shift knob handy as you need to shift to N to pull the cover completely off (after you unplug all of the pain in the @ss electrical plugs).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MustGoFastR said:
This will help you remove the parts you need: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288849339

One change of order: remove the HVAC/radio bezel first (after the shift knob), then the clock panel is easy to pull out, then you just pull up on the center console cover and it comes up. Keep the shift knob handy as you need to shift to N to pull the cover completely off (after you unplug all of the pain in the @ss electrical plugs).
Thank you much, MustGoFastR!

Now, I have to remove that clock cover also. Probably I'm gonna need to spend an hour just to fix that little noise.

I couldn't quite understand few things from your pictures.

1. Do I also need to remove tow long aluminum strips also before lifting the shift cover?

2. After you putting these back on, did they make any noise?

Again thanks for your pictures. :p

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
For what you are doing, you don't need to remove those strips at all (they come off after the center cover, anyway). I have had mine apart multiple times and have no noise from any of those parts.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

Tomorrow, dealer will replace my two front seats and navi-dvd player, then I'm expecting a Stillen CAI on Fri. And I need to take care of this noise also. It will be fun, right? :p

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
That link is great :!:

I wanted someone to convince me I can DIY the Navi-Tv and I may sign up for that group buy.

MustGoFastR you should add that link to the "How Tos" here.
BTW I could not see some of the pics.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
That link is great :!:

I wanted someone to convince me I can DIY the Navi-Tv and I may sign up for that group buy.

MustGoFastR you should add that link to the "How Tos" here.
BTW I could not see some of the pics.
I'll work on that when I get a chance. Imagestation isn't the most stable site on the planet and sometimes certain pictures are not available; check back later.

I've installed two of these and it's a full day job, but not really that difficult. Being careful with parts during disassembly/assembly and prepping/running wires is the most time consuming.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, 1AM now here in Chicago and I had to jump into that noise task. Like you said I took out the pannels except the audio cover and YES! found where that plastic chatter noise was coming from.

1. Seat heater switch bracket.
2. Other plastic insert clips.

They were making this noise when they're rubbing each other because Infiniti's using cheap plastic! :evil:

On the other day, I did exact same job to reroute the wires for my wife's XM mounted on Kuda and Lexus did a lot better job of putting consoles together.

Anyway, hopefully I won't hear this noise again tomorrow and thanks again to MustGoFastR.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You're welcome. Hope all is rattle free from here on out for you. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts