Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my FX for over 2 years now and the front windshield is pitted. When the sunlight hits the windshield at dusk or dawn, it makes it pretty hard to see out of the car.

I've purchased a glass polishing kit. Anyone here use such a kit before and any tips on using it? Hoping it will clear up a good amount of the pitting but don't know of the effectiveness.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello Ak1nza, It's good to know that i have neighbor FXer.
You talked about Windsheild...right?
If you live in MA then you can get free windsheild twice an year.

So... instead of using windsheild polisher, just take your car to a auto glass company and ask for free exchange!!

I recommend you those auto repair shop on Harvard Ave.
10 Glenville auto body and....forget another one right behind Store 24.

They do fine jobs...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heya John!

Thanks for the heads up. My car is registered in NYC tho, not here in MA. :p So no free windshields for me. I didn't know about that rule though. Should check if they have that in NYC too.

I've used Allston Auto Body (behind Store 24). They repaired a loaner G35 that someone crashed into me a while back (luckily it was not my FX as it was being serviced).

Anyways, if you see a B16 FX35 w/ NY plates CCV-XXXX give me a honk or a wave!

What FX you got? 35/45, color? Any mods?

Cheers!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was looking for something like that for mine too. After putting on 28.5k miles in 13 months, I need to clear up my windshield.

Does anybody know or have used "polisher" for winshield?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/glass.htm

This is the kit I bought. For 18 dollars shipped, it's cheaper than other ones I bought and uses the same substance. Cerium powder. I'm just going to do it w/ my electric grill. Worst come to worst, I can always get my windshield changed through my insurace co if need be.

I'll give it a shot and post up if no one else has any experience. You're welcome to wait for me to give it a shot before purchasing.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Ak1nza said:
Cerium powder. I'm just going to do it w/ my electric grill.
I hope you mean drill because I'm having a hard time visualizing it otherwise. ::razz:

Do update us with the results. I'd like to do this too if it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.