Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone ... pistons with compression 9:5 !! if i have stage 4 pulley stilleb supercharge boost i think 10 Psi !!! i think the boost will go down but how many psi it will be ??? becuase am willing to put 9:5 compression with stage 4 pulley so what do you recommend guyz ??? my stock pistons are damaged :D !! what do you recommend for my car to be perfect !! thnx

·
Registered
7 Posts
SInce your using a stillen supechager. I would just stay at stock compression but with just beefier forged pistons and rods for the most power. If you where planing on going turbo or a more powerful blower later down the line then get 9.1 or 8.5. I got 9.1 in my block for my vortech.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I agree with chinke, if you're going to stay with Stillen, I'd go with stock compression. There are much more heavy duty pistons available, and you don't need to drop the compression ratio for Stillen's boost/power levels. Another big worry is the rods, and you should, at a minimum, go with Eagle H-Beam (relatively inexpensive, but MUCH stronger than the OEM rods).

Also, I really haven't seen 9.5:1 CR pistons available. The closest you can get is 9.0:1, which is what myself and chinke both have... 8.5 would be way overkill for the Stillen.

So my $0.02 would be to go with 9.0:1 pistons if you think you have possible future plans, and just stock compression pistons if you plan on staying with the Stillen. Look into Arias pistons, they have a good record in the 350Z community, and I'd recommend having the .020 over-bore version as you get a fresh cylinder wall honed to fit each individual piston to keep from any slop from tolerance issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have found that nissan rods are not the weak link but actually the sub-par rod bolts they use.Most nissan rods(forged) are good for consistent 550+hp.Every nissan I have ever built I used stock rods with ARP rd bolts coupled with ARP head studs along with forged pistons,really like wiseco(really treated me right).Hope this helps.
MIKE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rods good/Infiniti FX45/2004

So, if I will add turbo in my FX45( I might?=)), when building engine, rods are fine, just use different rod bolts?? Like which brand name?? Thanks =)....and how about cams??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts