Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.

So winter's arrived in the great white north. Anybody have comments about the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow's?

Also, any stories about the tire pressure monitors getting damaged when they take the old tires off?

2005 Silverstone/Charcoal FX35 with tech package (Canadian, eh)

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is not a whole lot of info regarding winter driving the FX. The interest regarding winter tires is very marginal, maybe also due to the very limited choices, due to our wheel sizes.
I also think most members are into city flat road driving with some rain every now and then.
I do a lot of dirt/gravel road driving, not quite offroad, but sometimes very close. In the wintertime we get icestorms and often snow. There are no straight roads here and hardly any level ones either.
I live on top of a mountain, with only one steep hill, to get up and down, after you get down it is very windy, narrow and hilly gravel roads with trees on both sides.
I always have an extra set of wheels with snowtires mounted ready, to swap. I would keep track of the weather and swap the wheels the night before weather moves in, and swap them back when it has cleared off.
I bought Nokian 255X60X18 SUV studded tires. I have found over the years that Nokian makes the superior winter tire, for me. I have always driven Audi's with their excellent Quattro system, but the bottom line is always the tires. If your tires don't give you the traction you need, no 4 wheel system could help you.
I will make sure to keep everyone here updated on how this FX will perform under extreme road conditions.
Also the original Potenza tires wouldn't last 2 months here, before they are slashed up, due to the flint, thats why I have the Dealer put the Geolanders on, before I even drive of their lot.
Scorpion looks like a nice tire.
I haven't heard of much trouble with damaging sensors, but I would call the Dealer with this question.
I have never left the guys at the tire shop alone with my equipment, and would give them instructions to exactly what they need to do. All they do for me is operate their equipment but I am in control and I do and have done, all the planning and thinking for them.
They usually like that, makes their job easier and they don't have to do any guessing and they are assured of a very happy appreciative customer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Go with them bro! You will not regret. I had to pick up a set with 18s as I felt very uncomfortable driving with the 20's in snow. Now I have restored my fearful frown to my original driving grin -- same as in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts