Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, The dealer had handpainted pin strips on my black FX. It is small with a small INF emblem. It is a dark grey/light grey combination.

I did not think much about it because I would just remove it. Dealer says DO NOT DO IT because it has some sort of sealer on it and if removed it will damage the clear coat. I say WTF? They say because the normal paint with no sealer would come off with an orbital buffer.

My question is this? Any paint guys out their? Wet sand? What exactly can I do to remove it without damage. The dealer said they will for me no problem, but they act like they know what they are talking about and are passionate about it. BS or not?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
You say they hand painted it rather than applied a sticky-backed strip? I'd love to see a pic before you remove it. Anyway, if the dealer will remove it then any damage they do would be under warranty, correct? If so, then it seems like a non-issue to me.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
particlefx said:
You say they hand painted it rather than applied a sticky-backed strip? I'd love to see a pic before you remove it. Anyway, if the dealer will remove it then any damage they do would be under warranty, correct? If so, then it seems like a non-issue to me.
HMM, I did not notice on any pictures either. I will take a pic tomorrow during the day to get a pic to show you. It is not bad, but I am just not partial to them. But yes, it is painted, not a stick on.

Dealer says they would rather not, and they dont want to be held resonsible because they said at first it would look fine, but in a quick amount of time, I would begin to notice the clear removed, and then I would be "stuck out"

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
esemes said:
since its painted and sealed, you're asking for trouble, imo........

make peace with the stripe (i wish'd mine had the inf. logo, i think)
Keep telling me that and I will start to like it. :D I will try to snap a pic. BRB

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pinstripping

OK, Not the best, but best I could do in a pinch.

Lets give this a try. Had to re size it. Sorry for the delay.
TWICE??? WTF?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey I have that on mine too. I didnt know until I get home from dealer and I took it off immediately.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
e39ng said:
Hey I have that on mine too. I didnt know until I get home from dealer and I took it off immediately.
If I could I would. It is painted, so I will probably just leave it alone so I dont screw something up. Surely a qualifed paint shop should be able to do it and not damage the clear coat huh? Or at least re apply it or something.?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
GEAUX said:
e39ng said:
If I could I would. It is painted, so I will probably just leave it alone so I dont screw something up. Surely a qualifed paint shop should be able to do it and not damage the clear coat huh? Or at least re apply it or something.?

are you SURE its painted on??

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
esemes said:
GEAUX said:
e39ng said:

are you SURE its painted on??
Yeah, definitely. You can barely feel it when you brush across it, so I have no idea how it is sealed so well. The dealer put it on and said it is painted.

It looks a lot brighter here than it actually is, it looks almost white, but actually the lighter stripe looks darker grey and the grey strip is almost black and barely noticable.

But I am a monotone color guy. I want black/chrome wheels :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
GEAUX said:
e39ng said:
Sometimes I just dont know what the dealer is thinking about. They should have asked me first but luckily it's just a stickers that can be easily removed.

I think you should have them remove for you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i dont understand this.
did you buy the car without it and they install it afterwards without your permission :?:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
We saw them on the cars in AZ. At least they are thin lines. It could be worst, they could be a 1/2 in thick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
IMHO...pinstrips on an FX is a crime. The only thing worse is those dealer name stickers placed on the hatch. I've never seen either from any of the dealers out here in Cali...thank goodness!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I didnt even notice you had them. lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts