Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the side moldings and added hand-painted pinstriping. I think it adds a bit of understated elegance to my car. Anyway, I'm hoping to subtract at least .10 secs off my 0-60 times with this mod! 8) :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You're gonna miss that BSM, seeing hows you can't keep her between the lines! (How about a close-up of the arrow tips & NITI logo, is it burg. over charcoal?) CLASSY FX !

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PINITI-FX said:
You're gonna miss that BSM, seeing hows you can't keep her between the lines!
:lol:

(How about a close-up of the arrow tips & NITI logo, is it burg. over charcoal?) CLASSY FX !
Here ya go! It's light gray over graphite. The Infiniti logo is silkscreened on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
:D nice

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I don't know if I can handle all that at one time! Are you sure you wanna start puttin' all that stuff on your car? Man, you betta watch it, they're gonna throw you outta that HFXA club!!! Why would you do that stuff first, before you started to mod. the engine, anyway? (nobody does that stuff First!) Don't go startin' no trends now! Are you sure that's not A fattened Acura logo? j/k - Looks very ...Geo nice !

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Very nice.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Very tasteful! Maybe a 0.1 sec

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks nice. I had the dealer throw in the (painted) pinstripe on my car when I picked it up. My hand isn't that steady to do it myself. They did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Support your friendly local neighborhood Pinstriper! - the doctor is in. / love to see a picture. (look, the last 3 are from PA!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll try to submit some pics soon. Now that the sun has been going down earlier, I haven't had as much time to get some nice shots.

·
Registered
130 Posts
And maybe if they (dealer) give me what my trade-in is worth next time, then I won't have to make them "throw in" so many extras and I'll be more able to solicit my local neighborhood pinstriper. :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
yeah, so he can buy an FX too! :lol:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yeah, Geo and I are the only two with pinstripping in the HFXA I beleive.

Geo, your stripe looked good in person.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I HATED mine when I first got it. I did not originally want it but the dealer had it hand painted and clear coated, so to remove it would damage the paint, so I kept it.

Now, oddly enough, either I am used to it, or I acutally like it. Being on a black FX, the stripe is two colors like Geos, silver and a darker silver/grey color with the INF symbol.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GEAUX said:
Yeah, Geo and I are the only two with pinstripping in the HFXA I beleive.

Geo, your stripe looked good in person.
Thanks guy, yours did too. Yep we're the only two - not sure if the other guys think they're that cool. :p

I've seen other FXs with pinstripes at the dealers. I think the color of the lower stripe is dependent on interior color. The pinstripes actually add a little more balance to the FX door panels by accentuating the upper door line IMO. The BSMs did too but it was a little too much to have both on (too many horizontals).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey, if it's Geo-metric angles ya want, I know someone who can do that operation - The Doctor is in! (speakin' of too many horizontals, I've gone "RAIL-LESS" and Im proud!)

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PINITI-FX said:
Hey, if it's Geo-metric angles ya want, I know someone who can do that operation - The Doctor is in! (speakin' of too many horizontals, I've gone "RAIL-LESS" and Im proud!)
Any pics yet Piniti? I thought about removing the rails once before but how would you cover up the bolts? Did you have to get an '03 strip cover for the railess models or something?

Can't do it now though. Without the rails, my satellite radio antenna would stick out like a sore thumb.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts