Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed alot of people have bicycles on this forum. I'd like to see as many pics as I can of bikes on the FX. Fork mount and tire mount roof racks, and tow hitch racks. I'm thinking about putting some rockymountain racks on it to attach to the factory cross bars. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an aftermarket hitch and aThule four bike rack but no pics. The bike rack scrapes steep driveways because the hitch is so low. Otherwise, it's all good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a yakima 5 bike rack. Its starting to warm up here now, next time I get all 5 bikes on I will take a pic.

I also have the 5' X 2' cargo cage for the tow hitch, I've been carting my snow thrower on it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
fastdaddycar said:
I have a yakima 5 bike rack. Its starting to warm up here now, next time I get all 5 bikes on I will take a pic.

I also have the 5' X 2' cargo cage for the tow hitch, I've been carting my snow thrower on it.
FDC, what is the model number or name of that Yakima rack? Do you like it? Does it require me to tie down the wheels with a bungee cord to stop them from spinning/moving while driving?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the Yakima KingPin 5
http://www.yakima.com/tech_manual/details.asp?part=3443

The cradles that hold the bike down have on one side an adjustable "L", so the bike's frame does not sway.
For security, I run a Masterlock Cable Lock through all the bike wheels, this also prevents the wheels from spinning.

I went through a few other racks before this one, tried the Hidden Hitch (didn't like that one at all) and Thule (this was good, but didn't like that lower sway bar and also didn't like having the straps permanently attached to the cradles).
I kept the Yakima, used it all last year mostly with 5 bikes on it. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
npc2396 said:
Anyone have pics of a roof mounted carrier with and without bikes?
ill try and get some for you, but thats if it ever stops raining here :(

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
npc2396 said:
Anyone have pics of a roof mounted carrier with and without bikes?
It finally stop raining here in NY. Here is the Thule crossroad system. I really like the look without the bikes as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I lived in Rego Park, Queens for years. I moved recently about 1.5 hours north of NYC. We still go to Queens way too often because my inlaws are still there. :roll:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd look at the Yakima FullSwing... nice thing is that it moves out of the way with the bikes on it if you need to get in the trunk... assuming you don't need to carry 5 bikes.

I'm 5'6" and wouldn't even consider getting a roof rack for the FX... last car I had with a roof rack, friends always missed the fork mount and scraped up the roof.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
"mmmmmmmmmmm.....flushing meadows....."

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Flushing (Main street vicinity) is **** on earth... you can't walk a block without having to dodge flying garbage, much like Chinatown.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I lived at the corner of Kissena and Franklin... took the #7 train from Main St. into Grand Central Station every day from Sept 1990 to June 1995. I should get a medal for that.

·
Registered
748 Posts
ShadyJC said:
yang said:
I lived in Rego Park, Queens for years. I moved recently about 1.5 hours north of NYC. We still go to Queens way too often because my inlaws are still there. :roll:
I lived in Flushing for 7 years and in White Plains for 1.
No offense Shady, I hate White Plains. I had my first IS300 stolen from a municipal garage across the street from Heineken USA in White Plains. It was raining that day and dealing with the police and then planes/trains/automobiles to get home to the NJ suburbs afterwards was hardly a joy. Not to mention it was only a few days after 9/11. Other than that, I'm sure it was a great place to live!

Besides my car being stolen, there was one other takeaway from my customer, Heineken. Remember, this was a few days after 9/11. Making small talk as we walked to the conference room, I asked how business was going. The response I got was "Business is great. When times are good, people drink. When times are bad, people drink MORE." I drank a lot when I got home that evening but it wasn't Heineken. I was well past the beer stage.

My car was eventually recovered in midtown Manhattan amidst all the Anthrax scares. I received the call from my insurance company while on a business trip in San Diego. I refused to take the car back and the insurance company eventually agreed but for a while they were adamant about me retaining ownership. After many heated conversations with them on the phone it didn't help that my co-worker (who is also a fraternity brother) was there trying to push my buttons. With me noticeably angered after just getting off the phone with the insurance company he would make remarks like "Don't worry, a little cold water and those blood stains will come right out of you interior."

Sorry to hijack the thread, back on topic. I do not own nor do I plan to get a bike rack for my FX. :oops:

-NJJ

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
ShadyJC said:
yang said:
I lived in Flushing for 7 years and in White Plains for 1.
I still pretty much have to take my inlaws dimsum in flushing every weekend. It is the most stressful part of my life now. You just can't drive in Flushing. People just cross the street as they wish without looking. Traffic lights are useless. And parking? Fugetaboutit!! You know the huge municiple parking lot? You won't have a chance parking there after 11 Am. Good cheap Chinese food is the only reason that I feel the need to go to Flushing these days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.