Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm new here. I just picked up a Brand New 2003 (yes, you read that right) FX45 Premium, no tech. It's Laser Red with Graphite interior. I paid $34k + tax, so I hope that's a good deal. Too late now. Sticker was just under $47k.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulation and welcome!!

$13000 under msrp is surely a good deal...it would be difficult to almost impossible to even find a used 03 45 at that price

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the ORG.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

How many miles on your FX when you bought her?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It only had 761 miles on it. The warranty period started when I picked it up. It was late at night when I got it and my wife was waiting for me at home. I had to take the long way home just to make sure I avoided any "construction zones".

Thanks for the welcome. I've been hanging around here for several weeks now reading up on what to expect. After years driving junky used cars every day, the problems with the FX should be a treat for me! I'm very frugal (wife says cheap), so it wasn't an easy decision to part with this much money. There's been a fight going on between my wallet and my right foot. I guess my foot won.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Welcome,

Sounds like a killer deal to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer begged me not to post their name. I think he is embarassed that they hadn't sold it. But they are in the same town that I live in. At the start of the month, they had a twin to my car ('03 FX45, red). They sold it a week or two ago. Now they only have '04's and '05's. I'll get some pics posted as soon as my wife lets me. She's making me run errands in our "old" Dodge Durango while the cheeta sits home alone. A couple of years ago, I hit a deer on halloween night. Because of this "anniversary", I'm not allowed to drive the good car. She at least let me drive the family to church in the FX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, You'll love it! I, too, just got a red '03 fx45 Oct. 2, Mine had 15100 miles on it. The dealer told me it had been on the lot for 90 days and they were eager to move it. It is loaded--premium package, tech w/ DVD, cross rails, etc. I paid 37,600. I wonder why red seems to move slower than other colors? Anyway enjoy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a quick pic of the beast. I've wanted a red car for almost 10 years. Now I got it! Can you believe that I can't wait to go to work tomorrow?

Thanks everyone for welcoming me here. I look forward to being a part of the discussions now that I'm an owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...And your 1st mod was free ........ RAIL-LESS! :shock:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just be careful!

Red seems to attract unfair amount of attention of….

Can you guess it?

Right!

Your friendly state troopers…

Oh yah, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
54 Posts
lol, that's true. I got my first ticket in my FX (but its diamond graphite)

I always get comments from people about it, saying its great and everything. ENJOY IT! :-D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The best thing about an FX of any color is the attention you get. There is nothing out there like it. That's what drew me to the car. I love attention as long as it isn't from someone in a car with flashing lights!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've seen only one red FX so far here in Chicago area. There are quite a bit of black and graphite ones around here though.

Welcome to the club. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts