Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unload my '01 Pathy on Thursday for an '04 35. I haven't slept much without imagining my 2-21/2 drive home in it...can't wait! The dealer was really pushy on the "armour protection inside and out" for 1K but instead I had them do a 3M on mirrors, bumper and hood for way less. Ill have to post a pic of the car seat in the back with all the dangly baby toys. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

Where are you from?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
pauly47 said:
I unload my '01 Pathy on Thursday for an '04 35. I haven't slept much without imagining my 2-21/2 drive home in it...can't wait!
Congrats and welcome to the group. A caution on the 2.5 hr drive home - be sure to vary your speeds. The break-in period recommends avaoiding driving at a constant speed for long periods of time. If you test the Cruise Control (and I recommend testing as much as you can), I wouldn't use it.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
When I got mine I had to drive 1200 miles back home (2 days).

I just keeped it under 70 mph and did rev it up too much and the break in period was almost done. I used the crusie control during the drive, it is way too fun not to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05fxguy said:
Pauly, how much under invoice did you get it for?
I ended up getting a black with graphite 35 with touring/crossbars/tow/cargo/splash for 37K. I had 1K left on my Pathy lease and a 350 disposition fee. i tried to get 1K under invoice but 'their policy was to sell no cars under invoice" Oh well, I wanted it and iI got it. I live in Ogdensburg Ny and bought it in Syracuse Ny. It's about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive. I've only seen one other FX up here and it was a beautiful Beryllium going through a Burger King drive thru...that made me laugh.

I'm also in the process of puttig together a new cat exhaust on my '00 maxima.... going with a cattman....hopefully it wil sound almost as good as the FX

·
Registered
85 Posts
Make sure they inflate the tires to the proper pressure (see driver door panel) before you leave the lot. Most are overinflated making for a rough ride home.

·
Registered
44 Posts
pauly47 said:
05fxguy said:
Pauly, how much under invoice did you get it for?
I live in Ogdensburg Ny and bought it in Syracuse Ny.
Ogdensburg?? Down here on Long island, I've never heard of another person who even ever heard of Ogdensburg! I spent most of my summers nearby when I was a kid though, on the shore of Black Lake (Hammond), where my aunt and uncle's family ran a fishing camp. I drove thru the Black Lake area a coupel of summers ago, and I didn't even recognize the place, it's gotten so crowded. I remember it being really desolate 40 - 50 years ago. I have great memories of the area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts