Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORT of last minute and I don't know if there are any members on here from the Phoenix area but I'll be out there next weekend for the Z Car Convention. A friend and I will be flying in Thursday night, 9/20, doing the track day at Firebird on Friday 9/21, doing the tour of Nissan's test facility south of Phoenix (I think... did it back in 2002 and it was like a 45 minute drive south I think) on Saturday, and flying home Sunday. There'll be plenty of time in the evenings and Saturday afternoon to meet up if there is anyone in the area. Or to come check out the events as well

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Ooooh...getting to thrash around on a proving ground sounds like fun! Have a blast, K!

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The proving ground is just a tour. Last time 10 years ago we were late though and got a special private tour separate from the usual bus tour through the place. We actually went through the water/salt pits and through the ovens that the cars go through. The generic bus tour is kind of lame in comparisson. The thrashing will happen with a "borrowed" car at Firebird International Raceway and maybe some z cars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip. See if you can get any inside info on the replacement for the V8. ;)
Safe travels and see you at the Glen.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm bringing my camera and will dig and ask questions and exchange business cards with everyone and anyone. I don't remember though if they allow pictures. It was 10 years ago that I last went and I can't remember if I even had a digital camera then. I know I got my first one that year but can't find pictures of the trip. Better place to get technical information like that is at the autoshow in April(ish)

You are registered for the Glen, right? I told Jay last week that I'd instruct you again and he didn't remember seeing your name on the list but he really hadn't look it over much yet. Can't believe the Glen is two weeks away... where did the summer go?!?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, I registered on 8/8 for both days. I'll forward you my confirmation.

The summer flew by so fast I forgot to take a vacation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts