Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed 6000K HID to my baby!~ Thanks to GeoFX :wink:
I didn't take it with Stock HID's but it's pretty obvious that 6000K is much White/Purple than Stock. I like'em alot!~

And here is Mr.FX35

Happy New Year to you all!!!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
2Fast4U said:
6K, good choice.
You won't get that beautiful purple-ish from the OEM's.
In addition, you'll get the bling but you won't get the light output from the 10000Ks as you would with these. Good compromise! Glad everything worked out. 8)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks very nice creamin...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
- Has anyone tried the D2S bulbs from http://www.GlobalPremier.com.
- They are sold at ~$49/ea and have many diff color choices.
* The price is good but my biggest fear is that there is no gap/room for heat to dissipate. You see, they mold the plastic stand surround the bottom of the glass(gas capsule) which possibly can or will melt/deform that plastic stand. The capsule from the Phillips or the one I have (10K) stands on and coverd by a small round ceramic which I think is the better way to dissipate the heat. I don't know.
Help me out here guys, cause I'm getting bored with my 10K.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2Fast4U said:
- Has anyone tried the D2S bulbs from http://www.GlobalPremier.com.
- They are sold at ~$49/ea and have many diff color choices.
* The price is good but my biggest fear is that there is no gap/room for heat to dissipate. You see, they mold the plastic stand surround the bottom of the glass(gas capsule) which possibly can or will melt/deform that plastic stand. The capsule from the Phillips or the one I have (10K) stands on and coverd by a small round ceramic which I think is the better way to dissipate the heat. I don't know.
Help me out here guys, cause I'm getting bored with my 10K.
I'm sorry that I can't help you with this, but I think you should go with Well-Known brand don't you think? In the long run it might be worth to spend little more money now. Especially, high output bulbs like these can be easily burn out...I think. Think about this way..
GlobalPremier = Nissan Murano
Phillips = Infiniti FX
:roll:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Haha this thread is about 2 years old...this was when I first got my 6000K HID bulbs. After that I was using Xetronic 8000K + MTEC 8000K HID fog, and recently switched over to MTEC 6000K HID and MTEC 6000K HID FOG, by far this is my favorite setup.

I liked 6000K but Phillips Ultinon gave me too much of Purple effect instead of White color effect that I wanted, that's why I replaced them with 8000K but it looked too Blue not white.

For some reason MTEC 6000K gives more White color effect compare to Phillips 6000K bulbs. Which I like!!~

Here are some comparison:

Phillips Ultinon 6000K & PIAA 7500K Xenon Bulb

MTEC 6000K & MTEC 6000K HID FOG

Xetronic 8000K & MTEC 8000K HID FOG

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I tried 3 different brand name 6000K HID's to get the whiter/blue I wanted...might as well be happy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yo, LeBron did you also change your plate to M3eter too. Thought I saw it somewhere...

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Royalmonkey said:
Yo, LeBron did you also change your plate to M3eter too. Thought I saw it somewhere...
haha nah~ I posted that picture with "M3ETR" plate on but that was Photoshoped. I don't think I will want to do that :wink:

brnjug,

I think I finally found me the Best bulbs for me. I looked again and again and again, looks sweet! Pure White in color, and visibility has increased significantly compare to 8000K bulbs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OH! I see...thanks.
Go work on the light tho...love it :thumbright:

·
Registered
7 Posts
May i ask Q.

Why .. what's the orginal K bulb of the FX?

& what's there prces?
& to replace the Orginal fog light with 6000K what is require? only the bulb ?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
4300k i believe is the version of kelvins for the stock bulb...

·
Registered
984 Posts
smile44ever said:
Thank you sasan. :wink:

To replace the fog light with 6000K what is require? only the bulb ? :?: :?: :?:
the fog lights arn't HID, you would need an HID conversion kit for your fog lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts