Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you Maryland FX (and or Coupe) owners, I have found Paradise - - a Nissan Dealer that will install almost any and all performance mods on our Infinitis: Tischer Nissan of Laurel Maryland (call 301.498.3322 and ask for Lenny Sorrow; he's the point of contact for performance mods). Lenny and his team will be installing my AEM CIA next week.

For me. the beauty of this is that Tischer Nissan is only a 3 minute drive from my house!!!!! :D Money comes. money goes... :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
AEM ? May we see pics. of this CAI product???

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
They make a whole bunch of stuff but I don't think they make a FX-specific product, probably getting a 350Z or G35 version and getting it extended??

As a matter of trivia, AEM just bought DC Sports not too long ago... it would be good for them to start working on the FX platform...

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PINITI-FX said:
AEM ? May we see pics. of this CAI product???
Sorry, Piniti - - I'm referring to my AEM Cold Air Intake for my Coupe - - I will post pics upon install. Not sure if AEM has 'mastered' the CAI for the FX yet, but I will research and keep you posted!

Actually, as much as I am ashamed to say, my pics will come as soon as I've mastered the "posting pics" technology. :oops:

I have a nice digicam, but just don't have the technological knowledge...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
It also looks like we have a West Coast equivalent in Perfornance Nissan in Duarte.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Roswell Infiniti of North Atlanta installed my plenum and intake. A gorgeous red G35 Coupe had a red Crawford plenum in it the day I was there and it was having a Stillen exhaust installed.

I'm still trying to get them to agree to install the ZTube for me.

I still can't decide on the Stillen exhaust, though. I'm worried it'll be too loud. Especially with the plenum and intake. Any comments?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am bringing this post alive because I need some opinions. Last week I went to my Infiniti dealer (Infiniti of Fairfield) and I saw an AEM CAI on display, I became interested and asked the Service Consultant if that was for a specific model and he said it was for the Gs and FXs. I am not into modding my cars a lot, maybe I will get the front windows tinted, new rims and that’s about it but I would not mind getting some extra power even if it is not that much. :D

I told him I have an 06 FX45 and he reply was “no problem”. I asked him about pricing and performance. He said it would cost me around $500.00 including installation and that I would gain between 5 to 10 HP. He also added this intake will pass emissions, it will improve my gas mileage and that it will not void my warranty.

Does anyone think the service consultant was being honest with me or was he trying to sell me a product and make some money? The only part that I like is that I can always go back to them in case anything goes wrong. Any opinions will be appreciated, it is unfortunate I don’t know much about this. :(

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Nice to know of a NorCal dealer willing to do this. Mine (Elk Grove) couldn't get away fast enough when I asked about having them install Eibach springs. Sounds like the consultant was being 100% honest with you. 5-10 hp is probably spot on (results may vary at the wheels). Nice to be able to have stuff done without wondering "what the heck am I gonna do if this bolt snaps off!" Will likely pass emissions (yet to hear of any problems with this due to a CAI), but I'm not too sure about the better milage. I have had a new intake for about a year now (with various other parts, ztube, new plunum, etc) on and off, and I can't notice any difference at the pump. If the dealer did it, warranty work shouldn't be an issue. That said, $500 might be a little steep. popcharger & z-tube will run you... $300 tops? and maybe $20 in parts (couplers, beer, etc)? Factor in the time, and it sounds legit.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I mean I'm no expert, and I don't know a whole lot about 45's as I don't cruise around the 45 mods forum... and I don't research mods for the 45's since it's a waste of my time... but I'm going to go with IT WILL NOT FIT.

A simple intake from a G will not completely fit an FX35 and they have just about the exact same engine! The engine bay is different, and arrangements would have to be made for this thing to work. And now factor in that you're gonna put this on a DIFFERENT engine... hmmm... sounds very fishy.

You can make a custom intake YOURSELF for less than $100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts