Infiniti FX Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
respectfully:
The first post says last edited in Sept of 2006 (before an FX 2007 even existed - in theory) .... so it hasn't been updated in 3 yrs.. so I'm going to keep searching to ensure before I spend over $200 that I get the latest and greatest. Since I just bought an FX two weeks ago, I'm completely new and I'm going to make sure I do it right the first time. And since there is no way to control the tracks or the iPOD via the steering wheel.. I'm going to keep looking for a better option again since the first post hasn't been updated in 3 yrs.. it makes me wonder if there is a better option that has surfaced since then.

I'm not complaining.. but you asked? :D

I guess Ross Perot had a huge impact on me years ago and I love those **** charts :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
It says last updated in 2006 because it doesnt show when it was last edited by a moderator (me), only the original poster. I have kept the thread up to date, and I last edited it a few months ago. If you read this thread you can see I've been providing the correct info and linking to the first post up until now. So all you had to do was ask, which countless others have and I've steered them in the right direction. Obviously if the information includes information for 2007 and 2008 models then it has been updated since then....

So this is the latest OEM interface for 2003-2007. And there probably wont be any more changes from Nissan.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
gustoFX35 said:
THIS LINK DOES NOT WORK.
Yes it does. The original link in the first page works. What you pasted above is not a valid link.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Okay I see that I am going to need the following to install the iPod interface/module and the Sirius Satellite radio receiver into my 2005 FX35, and I hope everything plugs right into each other for this REAR install.

999U7-VS000 Harness "B"
999U7-VS001 Harness "?"
999U9-EP000 N-Bus harness

This is the SAT tuner that I am installing, I am not using the Sirius antenna, I am going with the OEM setup.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wow what happened there? Ive removed the links, but left the part numbers there. Seems like its available from many sites now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I seem to have a bit "outdated question". I have the FX35 2006 wt NAV, but no SAT button, and iPhone 6 128Gb. Is there a way to play the phone through the radio, please?
No hyperlinks in the posts work. Also I can imagine the 128Gb capacity can an issue for the unit to read.
Could someone help?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Not sure if the OEM Bluetooth has streaming capability, but you might... I can stream through my Parrot BT kit... But I prefer just using a dedicated iPod for my car... I'm sure if you got the OEM iPod module and connected a Lightning adapter, it would work...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if the OEM Bluetooth has streaming capability, but you might... I can stream through my Parrot BT kit... But I prefer just using a dedicated iPod for my car... I'm sure if you got the OEM iPod module and connected a Lightning adapter, it would work...
OEM bluetooth does not stream music, just calls.. i would be very much happy if I can at least see the links in the first post, but i don`t :crying:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Links to resources

Wow what happened there? Ive removed the links, but left the part numbers there. Seems like its available from many sites now.
johnmax - could I please somehow get the full original post of Jerseyparts with all the original links in it? ..neither the links to other forum topics not work for me, just takes me to homepage.. please, if you could help me a bit, Id like to read as much information as possible.. there is not an infiniti dealership in the czech republic, so want to get the parts by nissan and do the work myself.. I have the FX35 2006 wt NAV, but no SAT button and iPhone6 128Gb, which I am also worried about not to be accepted by the unit due to huge capacity ..many thanx for any help

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
johnmax doesn't visit this site any more. You'll have to work with what's here...

·
Registered
6 Posts
johnmax doesn't visit this site any more. You'll have to work with what's here...
Thanx Dat for the reply.. I really appreciate it.. I read through the most of the threads about the iPod interface (took me hours).. unfortunately seems like the forum has been updated in the meanwhile and all the old links to different posts just don`t work anymore.. however, I saw your post that you have installed the iPod interface on your FX 2007, which I believe could be the version I have just from 2006 (no SAT).. may I ask what components did you use? ..in the original post are listed 999U7-VR003 (iPod gateway), 999U7-ET002 (iPod Harnesses), 999U7-ET003 (iPod Harnesses), which I believe are already updated.. but in some other post from johnmax I saw different parts: 999U7-VR002, 999U9-EP000, 999U7-VS000 (the EP000 connects to the VS000 which plugs into the VR002)..

could you please help me out to find the correct setup of the package I need to get?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I did that install 10 years ago, so I don't know what I ordered anymore... The module is the same, regardless, and it was the front harness that I ordered.

Wait... Found an OLD e-mail for my order...

"Hello & thanks for your inquiry! 999U7-VR003 1 IPOD GATEWAY KI, $165.00 999U7-ET002 1 IPOD HARNESSES $25.00 999U7-ET003 1 IPOD HARNESSES $25.00"

So that's what I got... I remember I had to take the dash apart to make sure I had the links for the front harness, but pretty much all of them after 06 did... There's a part in this thread somewhere that shows exactly where to look... I made my purchase at INFINITIPARTSUSA.COM (and quite a few other parts as well)... I'm sure the pricing has gone up in the past 10 years though... :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank DatMan, once again!
999U7-VR003 1 IPOD GATEWAY KI, $165.00 999U7-ET002 1 IPOD HARNESSES $25.00 999U7-ET003 1 IPOD HARNESSES $25.00"

... I remember I had to take the dash apart to make sure I had the links for the front harness, but pretty much all of them after 06 did... There's a part in this thread somewhere that shows exactly where to look... I made my purchase at INFINITIPARTSUSA.COM (and quite a few other parts as well)... I'm sure the pricing has gone up in the past 10 years though... :p
..so I understand you chose the head unit (front) installation, not the one in the back of the car, right? ..id like to do the front installation, too ..do you have SAT? ..or does it even matter anymore with ET002 & ET003M, if you remember, it`s a long time :serious

I`ll make the purchase by the local Nissan dealer.. it takes ages to get a thing delivered from US to Europe

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
My FX doesn't have SAT either, but from what I can remember from 10 years ago, having the front mount the SAT doesn't matter... Even if you did have the SAT, pressing the button rotates through it or something...

81 - 97 of 97 Posts