·
Registered
3,159 Posts
No.

·
Registered
286 Posts
other dumb questions
what difference does a K& N filter make?
what does it cost?
is it easy to install?
like i said these are'nt the smartest questions although a lot tougher than the ones they ask at the presidential debates :oops:

·
Registered
706 Posts
what difference does a K& N filter make?
what does it cost?
is it easy to install?
Now that you mention it, can you answer these questions or do you want me to search.

·
Registered
882 Posts
supposedly add about 5 HP....i would say 1-2 at most by allowing better air flow

Better filtration than the stock paper filter.
Reusable
Cost about 15 bux...check Kragen or autozone
Super easy to install

·
Registered
286 Posts
mushutofu said:
supposedly add about 5 HP....i would say 1-2 at most by allowing better air flow

Reusable
Super easy to install
ok thanks
may be i will install one not because i think it will do much good but it is so **** cheap i cant resist. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
mushutofu said:

Reusable
Super easy to install
Off a bit on your picing... try $45.

·
Registered
882 Posts
forgot to mention used price.. I've sseen them sell for 15 bux on g35 and 350z forums

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just installed mine a few weeks ago. Any difference that I could tell could be attributed to the drop in temp outside too, so there's no telling. Your butt dyno won't notice a 5 or less HP increase anyway...though there's always that placebo effect.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have them on everything I drive and give them to friends.Cost effective ,yes,Power-subtle feel,but you do feel...but 5 seems high 1-2 seems realistic.I have a new spare for $35 plus shipping.Iwent with a new design.Your call,not pushing!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've always used a K&N or BMC filter on every car and bike I've owned. Well worth the realistic max gain of 1%-2% HP at higher speeds. I'd say about a realistic +3HP MAX rear wheels to the 315HP MAX @ ?? RPM for our normally-aspirated 4.5L V-8s though more or less depending on which RPM and road speed. Do a search for some K&N dyno runs and especially many articles of ricer racer runs to see differences between STOCK vs. K&N vs. CAI (They love to gauge the most minute performance changes). I've never had a problem with fouling MAF sensors, cleaning and re-oiling, or having to change one out due to negative effects.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts