Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2012 fx50 that's in generally good condition.
lately I've noticed a couple of times where the parking lights stay on after it's been parked in the garage. usually starting the car and then turning it off fixes it. Tonight they just won't turn off.
I've tried flipping the headlights from auto to off to on. drove around the block. no CEL light on. I have a basic OBD scanner, nothing interesting showing there. Fusebox near battery looks ok, no moisture or blown fuses that I can see.
Any other ideas?

· Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Sounds like it may be a glitch in your BCM. I would try disconnecting the battery overnight to reset it.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it may be a glitch in your BCM. I would try disconnecting the battery overnight to reset it.
disconnecting the battery for 10s fixed this.
does anyone know which BCM is responsible for lights? at a glance there seems to be a few different BCM's for different functions

· Premium Member
1,823 Posts
There are dozens of electrical devices like relays and individual controls in the cabin and under the hood but there is only one Body Control Module. It is found under the drivers side kick panel. From what I know it controls many of the functions like how long the lights stay on after you turn off the ignition, entry lighting when you unlock the vehicle, and so on. You would have to look through the "Exterior and Interior" (EI) section of the service manual to track things further.

· Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
186 Posts
Typically, when our Gen1 & Gen2 brake lights stay on it is because the brake pedal "stops" are cracked or have completely fallen off. The latter will reveal plastic pieces on your driver's side matt.

Note: There are 2 plastic inserts. The upper one is for your brake light and the lower one is for your cruise control.

So, it is also likely your cruise control function will not work. And the solution is to replace both. (They just clip in, but accessing them is a little inconvenient.)

Just get on your back and look for 1 or 2 holes in your brake pedal. These plastic "stops" inits "rested position" pushes a micro switch "in" and the circuit is "open" and the brake light is "off."
When you depress your brake pedal it "closes" the circuit and turns on the rear brake lights. It also closes the circuit the enables your cruise control to work.

Note: All our 10+ year old cars will need to have these plastic brake pedal stops replaced and if yours have not broke yet, you might want to order these now on Amazon and replace them soon. It only takes 5 minutes.

The part number for my Gen! FX is #46584-5P010 and this should work on 2003-2009. However, I don't know if newer FX uses this same setup.

Font Elbow Parallel Handwriting Auto part

Plant Font Fruit Audio equipment Circle

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts