Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of my indash Panavise mount used mostly for cell phone usage (mine has a built-in speakerphone so a headset isn't needed). On road trips the mp3 player gets plugged in through a Sony cassette adapter (I twist-tied and stuffed the extra cord length into the tape slot). Some tape whirling can be heard, but road noise and moderate volumes muffles makes it unnoticable. Sound quality is significantly better than FM radio, however. I really like being able to see the LCD screen and having the controls at my fingertips.

Installation is straight-forward and the bezel is very easy to remove from the dash. Don't bother paying for the "hook tools" the documentation requires using. I paid about $45 shipped for the indash mount and the separate holder. See the manufacturer's site for more details http://www.panavise.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some have PM'ed me for more details so here it is. I got the Sony CPA-9C cassette adapter from Amazon for $12. I didn't use an FM transmitter since most got mediocre reviews and I live in a large metro area with crowded airwaves. I just stuffed the extra cord length into the cassette slot (see pic below) and the dash cover can still be closed shut. The cell phone holder's length and width can be easily adjusted to larger mp3 players like the full-size ipod. The side clamps have a rubber coating for a sure grip and to prevent scratches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice advertisement you worked in there! I considered the Kuda and it looks very sleek, but it's mounted too low (like the oem clock complaints) and can be potentially knocked around by a passenger's knee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.