Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my '05 Beryllium FX a couple of weeks ago and I just noticed a very small paint chip on the hood. I've never fixed a paint chip so I need advice. After doing a serach on here, I figured I would do this: Buy touch up paint from Grubbs then get a touch up paint repair kit as listed here (http://www.midwayauto.us/detailedproduc ... n.asp?9027)

Is this what I should do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I had tried something similar. It worked OK on normal paint. I does not work well on my B16 FX. I guess the metal flaks that made our B16 FX so mesmerizing also made it almost impossible to touch up. You can give it a try yourself. I just can't make it work for me :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Autozone sells these touchup paints that has a ball point to release the paint that works real well, I bought one for my Sapphire Blue. When you have a metallic paint, the touchup never looks right, better looking than having the chip there though. I have used a product called Langka that is the easiest way of doing touchups. Their web site is :

http://www.langka.com/

·
Premium Member
203 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I carry Mothers (made and liscened by Langka) it is a paint chip repair kit.
I love the stuff works great and easy to use.
I have it listed for only $12.50 and is one of those products that you say- "How did I ever do without"?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Very good to know...

Wayne...do you have any before/after pics of this stuff in use?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wayne needs to bring a trailer full of shtuff to the meet in Dallas.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
FX-1004 said:
yeah I would like to see a pix of before and after... there's also flat s/h of $8.99 up to $99 and free after that.

so if you buy just the paint chip repair kit, total would be $21.49
That is still cheaper than "if" you could buy it local:)

Retail price is $19.99, in most places tax is about 8% bringing the total to $21.60 (plus your time and gas:)

AND, if you wanted to then add other items to the order, you would have no further shipping charges.

Just so everyone knows..., shipping has increased several times recently and in most cases, I am paying part of the shipping out of my pocket.

I like to stay competitive, carry only the best products and do not "gouge" on shipping.
(I wish the shipping company's would do the same for me:)

Hope this helps explain costs:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
FX-1004 said:
I wasn't saying that it cost alot, just mentioning so that others dont have to go to the site just to find the price....
Thank you:)
I did want to explain the pricing though..., as initially it does sound like a lot.

I appreciate your help:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.