Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much from delivery, my brakes started grinding, sometimes really, really bad. :shock: :? :( Front wheels. I put "check brakes, blah, blah" on my service ticket each time I had the FX in the dealer. Each time, they inspected them and stated "No Problem - Brakes OK." They did ask once if I could tell when it occurred - cold, hot, etc.

Well, it didn't get any better. I tried to find some common denominator when it was occurring. It happened at all different times. I thought it was only after I had driven it for a while and gotten the brakes warmed up a good bit. Then, one day after work, I drove outa my spot and down the parking deck ramp. Super bad grinding after only about 100 ft. and obviously still cold.

So I finally called and said You gotta do something about these brakes. When my SA got back to me, they decided to 1) address the TSB for the rear brakes, just to rule out any possibility from that. That TSB amounted to replacing the rear pads; and 2) replace the front pads and resurface the rotors. So I felt good that they're making good on this issue.

I left the FX overnight at the dealer Monday afternoon. (My SA promises to leave it inside at night - this is the second time I have done this - the first being when my exhaust was installed.) When I dropped it off, the svc mgr acknowledged that they had seen a "few" other FXs that had similar grinding brake problems. Picked it up yesterday at lunchtime. Brakes feel great. No grinding. :D

Anyone else have grinding brake issues? Is this gonna give me further brake issues later?

·
Registered
176 Posts
My brakes groaned

I had them replace the rear pads from the TSB, but it still does it sometimes when it's cold or wet or both. Just a little now. I'll mention it next oil change and see if they'll replace the fronts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah , my rear pads are going bad and my car has 12k miles -- thought it was odd that they went so fast .... going to use some aftermarket ones this time

·
Registered
441 Posts
the pads you want are the PRO ACT/achibono...ceramic pads...have the rotors resurfaced and no problems..
pk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a list somewhere for all TSBs? I've heard about brakes going bad quickly on our FXs, are they under warranty?

- Andr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.