Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they both have the same function; getting you a pair of RCA outs for you to hookup amps and others speakers. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Basically, yes. But it uses speaker line inputs so there's some splicing/soldering involved. The Pac unit, although not as sophisticated as the JL unit, is a simple plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
no, not the same.

With the pac you have to use the existing speaker type. The type (forgot which one) sucks because you can't use really good speakers.

The JL claensweep should let you use any speakers as long as they fit where the old ones were.

I'm going to use this as well, it's not out yet though right?

I never thought of using the pac with subs/amp/speakers...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
jatavafx35 said:
Witn the PAC, looks like you can connect any amps and speakers you want to the RCA jacks. Just run new speaker wiring to all the speaker locations
That's correct, the AOEM-NIS2 plugs in-line with the factory audio system so it offers a parallel path out of the HU. From the AOEM-NIS2 unit you would go into an amplifier of your choice, leading to speakers of your choice. It is completely independent of the existing factory stuff. I have this in my system - it's a very clean solution.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was debating on waiting for the JL Cleansweep or getting the PAC unit. I guess I'll go with the PAC because it offers a much cleaner solution. With the JL unit, it looks like you have to tap into your speaker lines and run cable everywhere. ShadyJC, a few questions for you:

Where do you plug in the PAC unit?
Do you loose sound to all the factory speakers once you install it?
What do you unplug to plug in this unit?(What do you loose)

TIA

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
jatavafx35 said:
I was debating on waiting for the JL Cleansweep or getting the PAC unit. I guess I'll go with the PAC because it offers a much cleaner solution. With the JL unit, it looks like you have to tap into your speaker lines and run cable everywhere. ShadyJC, a few questions for you:

Where do you plug in the PAC unit?
Do you loose sound to all the factory speakers once you install it?
What do you unplug to plug in this unit?(What do you loose)

TIA
Near the H/U. If you plan on changing the speakers upfront and running them off an aftermarket amp, then you should run new speaker wires anyway (like I did). Even so, I still think its a cleaner solution.

You can keep all of your stock speakers since it's a simple 'pass-through'. You simply unplug the amp harness behind the stock radio and plug it into the PAC unit. The Pack unit then plugs into the back of the radio.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Q: Where do you plug in the PAC unit?
A: It plugs in behind the headunit.

Q: Do you loose sound to all the factory speakers once you install it?
A: No, absolutely not.

Q: What do you unplug to plug in this unit?(What do you loose)
A: Nothing, you don't lose anything.

I'll try to explain like this:

Code:
Factory:

HU ----------- AMP ----------- Speakers
Code:
With PAC:

HU ----PAC---- AMP ------------ Speakers
         |
         L--- NEW AMP ------- NEW SPEAKERS

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
check out shadys install in the HOW TO section for the pac, I did it too and have some pics in my link below.

Wait hold up, you are telling me that I can hook up amps, speakers, subs, etc. through the PAC? I did not even know that...

Wait, but whatever you do only applies to the SAT channel that the Pac uses right? what about cd player, radio, etc...

Also, I noticed that the pac in the link you put to the ebay auction is different than the one shady and i installed.........

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
contaygious said:
check out shadys install in the HOW TO section for the pac, I did it too and have some pics in my link below.

Wait hold up, you are telling me that I can hook up amps, speakers, subs, etc. through the PAC? I did not even know that...

Wait, but whatever you do only applies to the SAT channel that the Pac uses right? what about cd player, radio, etc...
Hold up - Tay - you are talking about something completely different...

The PAC AAI-NIS converts an unused SAT port into Aux inputs into the HU. I think you have this thing for your CarPC. This is the one I did the write-up on.

The PAC AOEM-NIS2 creates multiple OUTPUTs from the HU so you can hook up an aftermarket amp, subs and speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
oooooo i c, i didn't know the other pac thing existed

I see, they are totally different, so I can use the pac thing I have along with that pac thing with the outputs to hook up new speakers, amps, subs, right?

Sweeeeeet.

Sorry for confusing people.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for clearing that up ShadyJC. Looks like I'm getting both the PAC AAI-NIS(for Ipod) and the PAC AOEM-NIS2(for amp and speaker upgrades). :D :D

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
jatavafx35 said:
Thanks for clearing that up ShadyJC. Looks like I'm getting both the PAC AAI-NIS(for Ipod) and the PAC AOEM-NIS2(for amp and speaker upgrades). :D :D
I don't know how adventurous you are but the AAI-NIS is easy to install, it can be totally DIY, there is a write-up on this forum with pics.

The AOEM-NIS2 can also be DIY but there's a lot more involved with amp and speaker installs with running wiring throughout the car.

Now excuse me while I go buy some stock in PAC. :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
The CleanSweep has DSPs in it to apply equalization and noise reduction algorithms. You calibrate it by playing a special CD in it and the device will adjust its filters to your car's output. The output of the JL unit should be much better.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I think I bought my PAC AOEM-NIS2 for like $50 on eBay. If you think there will be an issue of sound quality and come thru LA sometime, you are more than welcome to come check out my setup.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.