Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have been having some issues with my 03 fx35 and looking for some help. I notice when I was taking a corner that all of a sudden I had a loss of power and then my lights came on in the dash 1. Slip 2. AWD 3. VDC off 4. ABS all came on at the same time. I was able to get it home then left it for a week. Then no lights, I then tried taking it out and it would move but when I gave it a bit of gas and there was a total loss of power and the slip light came on.

Not sure if this helps but I did put a new K&N filter in it just recently. I have also read on K&N's site that they Cannot harm MAF'S and they have proven it.

I am just replacing my hubs currently while I try and figure out this mess so please any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Did you unplug the maf when you put the filter in? And if so with the key on? Even so it is probably unrelated. Sounds like you may have an issue with a wheel sensor or other vdc/slip related system. Take a look here for other similar topics where people have had all those lights come on.

Reactions: Victoria Burridge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately only slapped the filter in and did nothing else. I didn't know there was any particular order or instruction.

Is it too late to tackle that now?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
youre fine with the filter. Your problem lies elsewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This happened to me twice. Same scenario, taking a corner hard and then all the lights light up. I replaced my brake pads soon after and never had the problem again. I'm not saying that was the problem but it work out for me.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Low brake fluid can cause a similar issue. Replacing pads brings the fluid level back up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I have replaced both wheel hubs, added cross drilled slotted rotors and new EBC green stuff brake pads and it is all good. all the lights went away. my money was on the passenger side wheel hub that went bad. (replaced 2 years ago)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issuse with my car and its an 04. Except i lose the power when first taking off in the car. Ive replaced the wheel hub, abs and break pads and my fuild is good. Still have all the lights on tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts