Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i'm a new fx owner and need some help. i remembered reading somewhere that the warranty will be voided if the owner does the oil change. is this true or full of crap? i would like to do my own oil change, where i know it's done right. also, i was thinking of using AMSOIL for my car, is this a good choice or should i just stick to MOBIL 1? thanks guys........

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Please don't take this wrong, but this as in most forums, doing a search will yield much more info than waiting for a reply, if at that point you come up empty, than ask.

·
Registered
37 Posts
wblakes said:
hi everyone, i'm a new fx owner and need some help. i remembered reading somewhere that the warranty will be voided if the owner does the oil change. is this true or full of crap? i would like to do my own oil change, where i know it's done right. also, i was thinking of using AMSOIL for my car, is this a good choice or should i just stick to MOBIL 1? thanks guys........
Total Dealer BS. Good write-up in FAQ here for DIY oil change.

If you want it done right do it yourself...and keep records.

AMSOIL and Mobil 1 are both great oils. I use Mobil 1 because it is widely available.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm a newbie also as I've just had my car for 5 days but I plan to change my own oil after reading that write-up. It couldn't be easier and you don't even have to jack up the car. Also, access to the filter after taking down that plastic cover is wonderful. I probably won't be replacing the plugs myself though because everything is all covered up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been changing my own oil, oil filter and air filter. I drive too much to take it in every month or so for a change. I know that it is done right and I enjoy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts