Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My regards to all,

I have 2009 FX50 since two weeks i start facing problems with overheating.

All issues starts when i replaced AC compressor which after AC return cooling perfect but suddenly air recyclation goes off and bad smell comes inside the cabin.
I go back to mechanic and he canceled the water heater line which goes inside cabin through front dashboard.
Eventhough AC bad smell was gone but i noticed the heating gauge was little bit raised and keep satable . Two days later the car get overheating and i went again to mechanic he found the second fan not working and i replaced it .
Now there is no risky overheating, but car not like one month earlier, its simply become crazy and mechanic tell me everything is fine but am sure its not.
Now the temperature gauge is raising little bit up if i stop on signal or stuck in traffic by raising up the rpm raised to 900 instead of 700 , i hear upnormal noises , i feel this rough noise when i put hand on gear stick and the overall temperature in engine compartment is higher than what i used to feel as a confirmation to this the wheather temperature display on dashboard increases 4-5 c° while stopping for 1 min. Meanwhile when i run with car at speed 100km/h for 1 min everything returns fine , no noise , temperature gauge returned to original position, temperature display in dashboard decreases to normal wheather temperature .
Can anyone help me on this? If i returned the water heater connection is it going to resolve or affect my problems?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your mechanic should’ve checked to be certain both fans were working to begin with not disconnected the heating line. And just to be clear, I don’t know that I’d stick with your mechanic to begin with but I’m also basing that off what you are telling me, so...
And the RPM’s on the FX50 typically run a bit high on startup and calm down within a short time as the car warms up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
K.Scott I completely agree with you on what you said. Fans was most likely the original cause. Whoever this mechanic is I would definitely find another. Disconnecting the hose is a crappy mechanics way of either not wanting to fix the car properly or just doesn’t have the knowledge to do so. Get yourself a better mechanic. And as K. Scott said the FX50 rpms do rev high upon startup and should drop to about 850 afterwards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts