Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, just purchased an '06 fx35 Sport-Touring-Tech and I love it.

I was on the road for about 3 hours today and the outdoor warning beep would come on for a few minutes then go away for a few minutes. (It's the same sound as when you walk away from the vehicle while it's running and the FOB is in your pocket.) Put new battery in the FOB, but it happened on the 15 minute ride home from the office. Tried pushing the lock/unlock buttons on the FOB during beeping sequence, but made no difference. It just locked and unlocked the doors.

Very annoying.

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the Lane Departure Warning system? I think it gives a similar tone to what you have described.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
If it is the LDW beep, you can set it to default as Off. To do this push and release the LDW button once to turn it off. Then press and hold the LDW button for more than four seconds. From now on the system will be off until you turn it on each time.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
TLW said:
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the Lane Departure Warning system? I think it gives a similar tone to what you have described.
NO, it is not the same beep. The LDW beep is inside the car and Is "beep beep beep beep." The beep you get when you walk away with the I-Key in your pocket while the engine is running is outside the car, faster and has more beeps "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep." Sorry for the bad sound effects. :D

aiya said:
If it is the LDW beep, you can set it to default as Off. To do this push and release the LDW button once to turn it off. Then press and hold the LDW button for more than four seconds. From now on the system will be off until you turn it on each time.
This is correct.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
^^^ Sounds more like an old Eddie Murphy movie... What the BEEP did you BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? Have no idea how they ever expected someone to understand movies editted that way...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it right Booboobaba. It's about 3x louder than LDW. If you are sitting in the car with the ignition on, open the window and press the door handle button. That's what I'm getting. Me thinks one of the buttons is making contact by itself somehow - pinched wire, wet, corrosion, etc. Just wondering if anyone else had the problem and where to start.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Well if you canget it to do it whenyou go to the dealer, they will be able to tell which button it is with the consult tool plugged in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i am having the same FRIGGIN issue...and evrytime i get it to the dealer..they can never duplicate it..but i been noticing it happening everytime during/after it rains..."its embarrasing driving the dam thing while its beeping...as if i stole the dam thing!!!! :evil: so close to trading it in..especially after my car got broken into and stole my 2 12 w7 and memphis amp... :?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
well, one thing i can say is, I have taken my fx all apart & put it back togeather again, & the most likely button, if it is a button, would be the one on the rear gate. that thing had tons of rust on the inner bracket & the rear part of the switch on an otherwise rust free vehicle... it looked so bad that I wanted to change it, but I didn't cause it was all hidden & it was pretty expensive & it's still fine. that would be the first thing I'd suspect though with an issue like this

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Hmmm never checked to see if the car beeps if you press the entry button while it is running. Well if it does then that may be your problem. And like john says I would suspect a button going bad- possibly water getting inside it. If you can get it to do it at the dealer, they can plug the consult tool in and it will show which one is being depresed. Only other way to diagnose yourself is to open up the doors/hatch and unplug one at a time and drive it for a few days and see if it goes away. Tedious, but thats how I'd go about it.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
johnmax said:
Hmmm never checked to see if the car beeps if you press the entry button while it is running.
It does indeed beep at you if you press the buttons with the car running.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hmm.. i press the button inside it dont beep.. it just unlock and lock while the car is running?.. am i on the same subject/topic?...well i discover something..not sure if it helps but...i notice that the reason it was beeping because i THINK.THINK its the IKEYorFOB whateva you call it...because it always flashes everynow and then and the car will go BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...so what i would do isssssss i guess you can say the GHETTO way ..was that i would jump in the car start it up..and if the annoying noise goes off.. i would take apart the dam IKEY/FOB and the problem will go awayyyy..strange? iono fill me in...

o btw..when i first got the car.. i checked my trunk there was a pool of water right under the spare tire...and have them supposely sealed it up..sometimes i can see a little moist..better then nothing i guess..

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
We are talking about the buttons on the OUTSIDE of the doors/hatch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, talkin about the outside buttons. It happened throughout a two day period last month but now it's gone. Also, the days this happened were about the coldest days in Feb. My guess it was about 10 degrees F. I have since noticed the keyless button on the trunk lid does not work at all - could be cut or pinched wire, or a bad switch. Thanks Turbocad6! Don't give up 2003 fx45!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm never checked to see if the car beeps if you press the entry button while it is running. Well if it does then that may be your problem. And like john says I would suspect a button going bad- possibly water getting inside it. If you can get it to do it at the dealer, they can plug the consult tool in and it will show which one is being depresed. Only other way to diagnose yourself is to open up the doors/hatch and unplug one at a time and drive it for a few days and see if it goes away. Tedious, but thats how I'd go about it.
2007 fx 45 silver, nav,
I have the same problem, insesant bleeping is driving me nuts. I read this thread and went to try it right away but no luck.
It beeps while I walk up to the car, while I am sitting in the car, while driving and when I turn it off before I lock it. It will also lock and unlock the doors while I am driving, gremlins?.
I found the rusted hatch lock switch assembly and changed it out, disconnected the battery, checked all of the fuses, changed the battery in my FOB. Now I am leaning towards changing out the lock cluster on the drivers door.
Does anyone have similar stories to this?
Thanks, Gregg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts