Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before ditching out the money and pay for an adaptor to power my laptop during my 12 hrs flight to hong kong, I was wondering if the majority of the seats (in economy class that is) has a power input for my laptop. I will be flying cathay pacific and I assume it will be a 747-500 or newer or a 777. I hate to spend close to $100 and find out that it won't work. Can any frequent travel shed some light on this? If you know any good sites for cheap power adapters besides ebay, pls let me know. I have a Dell 700M. Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cathay Pacific uses 747-400 on SFO-HKG route and sorry, no power socket for all economy seats. Maybe better get an additional battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I fly to HK it takes almost 15 hours non-stop. A laptop with power adapter is a must, along with a ipod. If you fly continental you can sometimes get power in coach but if you go business you allways get a power outlet. The adapter is only 59 or so from compusa, I just bought one a week ago. Torrent some TV shows and it really helps pass the time on a long flight like that. From time to time you can find OK deals on business on Cathay. Its not cheap but makes it so much nicer on such a long trip.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, too late now i already got my tix and i don't think i want to spend the extra to upgrade to business. Anyhow, i am planning to get a 8cell battery and combining with my 4 cell will give me about 6 hrs of running time. I already put 20 something episodes of korean drama on a dvd...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts