Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sensei said:
Will it be a virtual reality console? If so, it is sooooo going in my FX.
Not sure. So far this is only a chip that will be used in PS3. I like how they ended that article:
"Current PC architecture is nearing its limits," he added.

·
Registered
361 Posts
PlayStation 3 to be unveiled before E3

American Sony reps confirm that there will be an event to premiere its next-generation system before the May game-industry convention.

Last year, Sony announced it would debut its next-generation console--most commonly called the PlayStation 3--at the 2005 E3 games expo. The event will take place May 18 to 20 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will also be where the world will get the first glimpse of Nintendo's next-generation console, code-named "Revolution." With it now looking unlikely that Microsoft will unveil the Xbox's successor at next month's Game Developers' Conference in San Francisco, industry-watchers had been betting it will also first see the light of day at E3.

However, now it appears those bets may not be such a sure thing. Sony Computer Entertainment America representatives have confirmed to GameSpot that the US subsidiary of the Japanese electronics giant "will have an event to premier [its] next-generation system" before E3.

SCEA reps would reveal little else about the PlayStation 3 unveiling other than saying it would not be at GDC. "The premiere event has nothing to do with GDC," said one. "The event will be before E3, but the date is still not announced."

Sony's disclosure about the PlayStation 3 premiere came just hours after it officially took the wraps off the Cell processor, which the PS3 will use, at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference in San Francisco. For a full run-down on the Cell processor's capabilities, check out GameSpot Hardware's feature on the chip.

Linky-poo

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4246569.stm
This all sounds to me like a scene from a movie Terminator 2. New revolutionary chip has been created which will replace current technology; it will change the way computer chips are designed, etc... Just wait till it takes over the world!!! :firestarter:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just hope they learned from PS2 and not have such a shortage at launch. Took me til summer to get one and I had to pay extra $50 for it to take someone's place in line.

Ugh.

Won't ever do that again. Chalk it up to young fool who doesn't know any better.

Young fool --> '01 Sensei

Wiser fool --> '05 Sensei

:twisted:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Get in line a few days before release, pick up as many as you can and sell them on Ebay for 10X list, baby! :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is PSP out in the market? I was looking for one for my kids and couldn't find one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just FYI, PSP was released today. I picked mine up during my lunch break at 1pm today. What a sweet, sweet, machine. If you're in Houston, I picked mine up at Gamestop in Galleria and a buddy of mine picked up one from Best Buy near Willowbrook. He says BB had them in stock and the Gamestop I was at had a good handful when I was there.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
FINALLY!! :D

can't hardly wait for the next Gran Turismo game... 8)

·
Registered
124 Posts
that article is over a year old and that processor obviously didnt come out.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
LeBron23 said:
FINALLY!!
What was so difficult to get one? PS3s have been pretty easily obtainable for a while now... every time I would go to a store to find a Nintendo Wii they always told me "no, but if you want a PS3 we've got lots of those".

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
ShadyJC said:
LeBron23 said:
FINALLY!!
What was so difficult to get one? PS3s have been pretty easily obtainable for a while now... every time I would go to a store to find a Nintendo Wii they always told me "no, but if you want a PS3 we've got lots of those".
I never said it was difficuly to get one...since I have a XBOX360 I was debating wheather I should get it or not...over $650...and you have to buy games~ extra controllers~ HDMI cable~ about $1000 investment. Well...I guess it was difficult for me to make a decision not difficult to get one.

fxlr8,

I love XBOX360 + NBA2K7!! but that's until Gran Turismo 5/Final Fantasy and Winning Eleven comes out for PS3 :D

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Oh, I see... but I just gotta say that my Wii is possibly the most fun thing I have ever purchased.

Wii is SWEET!! :thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.