Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who knows how to drive stick and what was the car you learned on?

I learned on my moms porsche boxser.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I learned on my 1991 Toyota Corolla, driving it back from the dealer when we bought it. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
psiclne said:
I learned on my 1991 Toyota Corolla, driving it back from the dealer when we bought it. :shock:
Did the same thing with my 1989 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Great way to learn! Especially with my mom screaming all the way home...:lol: Anyone ever stall out on the 101 in CA? :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
Stickshift

lol,,, I learned on a VW Beattle, the old one. It was so funny because I remember I was about to switch to third and instead went into first, the car went crazy and wouldn't start anymore, however, we were able to push start it. My Audi S3 is a stick shift and I am happy to anounce that it should be here in Chicago by Friday, Im bringing it all the way from Mexico, well not me, but I can't wait for it to arrive! The most exiting stick shift I've driven, other than a Porsche Carrera is an 18-Wheeler, lol, it was really crazy, but fun...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: Stickshift

jorgemiranda said:
lol,,, I learned on a VW Beattle, the old one. It was so funny because I remember I was about to switch to third and instead went into first, the car went crazy and wouldn't start anymore, however, we were able to push start it. My Audi S3 is a stick shift and I am happy to anounce that it should be here in Chicago by Friday, Im bringing it all the way from Mexico, well not me, but I can't wait for it to arrive! The most exiting stick shift I've driven, other than a Porsche Carrera is an 18-Wheeler, lol, it was really crazy, but fun...
Gotta love the S3. It's a sweet car and it will bring a lot of attention, especially that A3 is on a way to US shores.

·
Registered
509 Posts
This might show my age, but I actually learned to drive at 15 in a 1947 Willies Jeep (no, it wasn't new). We were living in Flagstaff, AZ and my father and I rigged it up with a snow plow. I think the plow weighed more than the Jeep. I had to get a running start and use the momentum to push the snow off the driveway. :oops:

Most fun driving a stick was a Ferrari Testarossa in the late 80's (unfortunately it wasn't mine). :) http://www.qv500.com/ferraritrp1.htm

Hardest stick I ever drove was a 1968 Suburban. I had to put all my weight on the clutch just to push it in. :roll: 8)

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
'75 Toyota Corolla SR5. Drove around the block for weeks to master 1st gear.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
College roomates' POS Chevy Chevette. If it were up to me, everybody would have to pass a manual-transmission proficiency test in order to get a driver's license.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to valet and I obviously had to know how to drive stick...well lets just say **** porsche clutch is soo much harder to time with the accellater then something like an eclipse. but cant complain its a porsche :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I learned on a 3-speed Chevy Monster Truck. (not sure what yr but it was old)

The guy I was dating was building his own and learning from the Big foot guys. I get bored fast, so I got to learn on this hugh monster truck in a corn field. Nothing to crash into out there. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
I used to valet and I obviously had to know how to drive stick...well lets just say **** porsche clutch is soo much harder to time with the accellater then something like an eclipse. but cant complain its a porsche :D
I know what u mean, when I drove a Carrera I stalled it so many times it as embarrasing!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Nash Metropolitan - my father's (a hand me down from his father). Shifter is on the steering column. I was 5 years old and sat on his lap. Car had about 50 hp.

In high school, a friend taught me how to speed-shift his Opel GT.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My dad owned a small trucking company so I learned on a Peterbilt cabover. 280 Cummins with a twin stick 5 and 3. After that everything else was a breeze.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
1974 Toyota Corolla. Green w/white seats. Drove that car until the seat fell through the underbody.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Over in the UK 90% of cars are stick.
In fact if you take your driving test on an auto you cannot drive a stick!

Learnt on old Ford, then rebuilt 2 MGBGT's (too small for me, what a PITA to work on) and then countless others. Never had an auto till I came Stateside.

Learnt to drive ala World Rally Chamionship from where I come from in the countryside in the UK :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
At 12 years old, I was weened on my old man's '54 Chevy Pick-up. 3 on the tree, and a clutch pedal that felt like a pogo stick!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.