Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself a new toy today... really somewhat of an impulse buy, since I didn't research it too much - been looking at an Alienware system but this deal was too good to pass up.

Gateway 704GE, P-4 3.2ghz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD, DVD+/-RW and DVD drives, 17" flat screen monitor... $1200 at CompUSA.

Will combine with my old PC, a Sony Vaio, 1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 2x80 GB HD, CD-RW, DVD and DVD+/-RW drives and 19" flat screen monitor...

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice! Not like you, I need to rid of a Vaio I bought a year ago. Anybody in IL? It has a 17" LCD.

·
Registered
498 Posts
FYI Dell has a 24" widescreen it just released 2405 FPW... 12ms response rate so it's decent for a game or two. $1,199 without coupons. I'd expect to see the 25% stackables to show up soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
nice setup shady. i too just bought a new computer. i was so fed up with all the problems of a PC so i finally decided to go apple. i got a G5 20" monitor setup. was nervous at first, but now i wonder why i didn't do this years ago. everything on the net works totally perfect! there is no tower as everything is located in the monitor, from the DVD-RW, USB, ect....

really compact, fast and very nice looking....i think

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... .2.0.0.1.0

·
Registered
392 Posts
jlliswell said:
nice setup shady. i too just bought a new computer. i was so fed up with all the problems of a PC so i finally decided to go apple. i got a G5 20" monitor setup. was nervous at first, but now i wonder why i didn't do this years ago. everything on the net works totally perfect! there is no tower as everything is located in the monitor, from the DVD-RW, USB, ect....

really compact, fast and very nice looking....i think

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... .2.0.0.1.0
Awesome!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice shady! I love new computers. Its a little problem I have only second to buying $hit for my fx. My wifes home pc in her office is a dell 400SC server. I have an IBM Thinkpad T41 in my office. MY 7 year old and I built an AMD system (2500+ overclocked to a 3200+) from scratch. And I just bought a new 2.6Ghz P4 Systemax pc from Office Depot (They actually paid ME $140 to buy it). I have parts from another Dell Dimension scattered all over my office along with parts from a Compaq. I also have two 200GB SATA HDs sitting on my desk along with an entire file drawer stuffed with wires, IDE cable, memory modules, wireless PC cards. The reel of 1000 feet of Cat 5e cable sits under my desk. Carputer is the next project as soon as I figure out where to put the screen in my non-nav fx. That's the project where my two addictions come together. Someone please, make the madness stop.

-NJJ

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an overall ok system... definitely not top-end performance but perfectly adequate for my needs. I needed a 2nd computer in my office because my son likes to sit in the office with me and then he and I fight over the computer!

Now I have a total of 3 desktops and 2 laptops in my house... is that too many? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.