Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering which team the rest of you guys are rooting for? I'm in LA, but since Buss traded Shaq and let Phil go - I havent been watching the Lakers, but I have been following Miami closely. So I'm picking Miami in the East.........and I'd like to see Houston in the West.

Shaq Vs Yao (Finals) - wishful thinking :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
psiclne said:
Was wondering which team the rest of you guys are rooting for? I'm in LA, but since Buss traded Shaq and let Phil go - I havent been watching the Lakers, but I have been following Miami closely. So I'm picking Miami in the East.........and I'd like to see Houston in the West.

Shaq Vs Yao (Finals) - wishful thinking :D
No way, Phoenix all the way in the West. My finals prediction is Miami Vs. Phoenix and Phoenix taking it. 8)

By the way, Warriors finished off the season strong, next year they'll be the best team in CA :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in LA too... it's been a weird season - have paid as little attention as possible to Kobe and the gang... looks like we're in for a long run of typical LA premadonna drama. It's been nice watching other quality teams, though. I'd say Phoenix looks like they'll take the the finals in 6... probably against the Heat

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it was Suns & Heat in the Finals, The Suns dont have anyone to guard Shaq/Mourning - or better yet play the 2 of them at the same time??? Whoa....twin towers?

This Bulls/Wizards series is gettin good!
I'd also like to see Pacers advance and play Pistons - or shall we call it wrestlemania (royal rumble??)!

·
Registered
509 Posts
You've all got to be kidding. Of course it will be Phoenix Suns all the way. :D They will play Houston in the Semi and the Heat in the Finals. It won't be a cake walk, it's not supposed to be at this level. Phoenix didn't end up with the best record in the NBA by accident. These guys worked hard all year and the off season before that. If they can turn on the 3 point shooting the Heat can't keep up. I haven't seen this much depth in a team in a long time.

BTW, it looks like Steve Nash will get the league MVP this weekend. No one deserves it more. 8)

·
Registered
329 Posts
GO~SPURS~GO

Is everyone forgetting about the SPURS?

all i gotta say is

GO~SPURS~GO

all the way!

:wav:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Miami VS Phoenix!!!!!! Period!
This is like Bulls VS Suns back in 92~93 season. It's going to be awsome match up!! I just can't wait to see. Ever since Jordan left NBA finals has been so obvious. Lakers Lakers Lakers...that's all I've been hearing. But now it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perfect match up!! Anyways...One more ring for Shaq daddy.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im glad Nash won the MVP - but I was hoping Shaq would. Mark Cuban and Jerry Buss made the biggest off season mistakes in NBA history.

If a Heat/Suns series turns into a 3pt shoot out~ Eddie Jones (.520) and Damon Jones (.500) will hold their own beyond the arch.

Tim Duncan & gang wont make it past Seattle. Tony Parkers head isnt in the game - hes too busy trying to get into Eva Longoria's panties............hahaha I dont blame him. :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Suns don't need any defense cuz their offense is their defense. They have a 3pt bomber at every position except center (haven't seen Amare shoot too many).

Suns all the way...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
WOW @ nash mvp, how can u get that award and not play defense? shaq is the mvp handsdown....i don't get it. I'm not even a shaq fan, but cmon!

i still say spurs and detroit.....(hopefully miami)

it's all about DEFENSE

AI is my fav player of all time, so it's not like I enjoy watching defense, it's just the truth ;)

If suns win though, will be fun to watch at least!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I attended several Phoenix Suns games this year and you're right, they are really fun to watch. It's never a one man show like with the heat, everyone contributes and the team play is so obvious.

The saying around the Suns organization this year was, "We'll sell you the whole seat for a game, but you're only gonna need the edge". :lol: 8)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Silver Bullet said:
It's never a one man show like with the heat, everyone contributes and the team play is so obvious.
We must not be watching the same Heat games......cuz The Heats' got a 1-2 punch (Shaq & Dwayne Wade), then you got the supporting cast w/ Eddie Jones/Damon Jones/ Haslam. If your refering to Shaq as the 1 man show, look at his numbers this year - theyre down, but everyone elses numbers are up from previous seasons. :shock:

·
Registered
509 Posts
psiclne said:
If your refering to Shaq as the 1 man show, look at his numbers this year - theyre down, but everyone elses numbers are up from previous seasons.
Your right of course, playoff teams don't make it to or through the playoffs without significant depth and good bench strenght.

Now, how about Dallas beating Houston? That was a hard fought series. The Sun's start playing the Mav's on Monday. It will be a good series. I don't think the Suns can sweep this series but they will prevail. My only concern is, they've had a full week off. Hard practice isn't the same as keeping your edge with real games.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was expecting a better game 7 (Dallas/Houston) - But I agree with you, Suns/Mavs will be a great series. I hope Nash gives them a good a$$ whoopin! Cuban is goin to regret letting Nash go.

Pistons/Pacers would've been a good showdown too - except Pacers are missing too many guys (injury/suspension). Pistons fans need to behave themselves.......thats all I gotta say.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am still going with the Spurs

Spurs all the way

Spurs in Game 6 against Seattle

and 6/7 with Suns

Meeting Miami in the Finals

GO~SPURS~GO` :greenjumpers:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
psiclne said:
Tim Duncan & gang wont make it past Seattle. Tony Parkers head isnt in the game - hes too busy trying to get into Eva Longoria's panties............hahaha I dont blame him. :p
you see today's game...bofore Ray was hurt they were down like 28 too, so don't blame it on that ;)

103-81-final score...

Tony Parker scored 19 of his game-high 29 points in the first half :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys might be right - I was expecting a better match up. But it was another blow out, like last nights game 7's.

How you like my Heat?? hmmmmm :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.