Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and test drove the RR last week and as soon as i walked into the dealership, this Brit saleman told me the RR is a must have since that's the ultimate suv. He told me even the British royal family rides RR so i was like ok...do i really care whether the queen of England rides a bentley or a RR?

Then I test drove it and my impression is the RR is sort of overrated. Yes, it is pretty luxurious and driving it really gave me a commanding feeling like i was the king of the road. However, it is underpowered and the bmw 4.4 is really struggling for moving a 6000lb suv. Not sure if it is worth 80k, but i guess if off-roading or the bling factor is your thing, then i guess it is worth it...any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I got to drive one over the obstacle course at the November Lexus Taste of Luxury Event in Houston. I must confess that it excelled over the obstacle course; as well as anything there (and maybe the best).

HOWEVER - I hate the styling; it was butt fugly both inside and out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
RR is good for only one thing...to impress your neigbors...if you want to wheel (offroad) buy a used Jeep. If your going to spend 80K on a vehicle get an M5.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
I got to drive one over the obstacle course at the November Lexus Taste of Luxury Event in Houston. I must confess that it excelled over the obstacle course; as well as anything there (and maybe the best).

HOWEVER - I hate the styling; it was butt fugly both inside and out.
Hey, I was there as well! So was GeoFX and 2Fast4U. Taking the RR over that huge dirt hill at what must have been a 50-55 deg angle was awesome; it just cruised right over. Thing drove and handled like a semi, though.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i really like the overall look and the luxury of the RR, but the one thing i cant stand is the center console controls...seems very messy to me.

sure i wouldnt mind having one if i had that kind of cash to spend, but im still to performance focused to buy one of these

1 - 5 of 5 Posts