·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Very cool

:animalfish:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet! I've seen plans for this dating back to the '80s, but never knew anyone that did it. Maybe I'll dig out my old 512ke, and make one as well 8) My daughter just got her first fish a couple weeks ago, and is already bugging us for a separage bowl (momma guppy ate all the little ones). :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Wow very nice.

Take more pics when the fishes are in.

Jim

·
Registered
411 Posts
Very cool. Last time I was home, I dug through my parents' garage and found our original Mac Plus - for that very reason. Although, with the new Mac Mini on the market (and am I the only one disappointed it's not the miniMac?), I've been thinking about stuffing one of those inside, making a 7-8" LCD touchscreen fit where the old CRT was, and hook it up to the entertainment system as an iTunes jukebox/movie player/emu game box...

Matthew

·
Registered
142 Posts
BigMatt said:
Very cool. Last time I was home, I dug through my parents' garage and found our original Mac Plus - for that very reason. Although, with the new Mac Mini on the market (and am I the only one disappointed it's not the miniMac?), I've been thinking about stuffing one of those inside, making a 7-8" LCD touchscreen fit where the old CRT was, and hook it up to the entertainment system as an iTunes jukebox/movie player/emu game box...

Matthew
I like the fish tank idea, I wish I would've grabed one of them when they were getting rid of the back in the day.
I really like the itunes jukebox.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I knew Macs were good for something. :p
j/k...very slick!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys! Nice to know that even the stuff I do that's unrelated to my FX is appreciated too!

ShadyJC - It's all made out of lexan/plexiglass. I tried to mold it to make it conform to the shape of the screen on the face plate but figured it would've been too hard. Plus it's hard to mold the lexan properly. It would've ended up wavy and such.

It was a fun project. I enjoyed every minute of building it! I haven't bought my fish yet. I'm setting up the tank now (conditioning the water, running my filter in, etc.)

Anyways, I wanna get GloFish.

Check out the link. :)

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with the spare Mac SE I have.. Don't think I will though. Don't think I'd ever use it and don't think anyone would want to buy it! :) Go for it though!

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.