Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Treo 600 crashed few days ago and lost all my DB in it. Business contacts, memo can be recovered through sync with main computer(need to reinstall ACT for Palm though) but memos, personal numbers, and etc are gone :( .

I'm thinking of replacing with something different like Treo650 or whatever. Any idea?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
krzys4 said:
How about Motorola MPx220?
I too am interested in this phone; I would appreciate any feedback from users.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It really depends on the service provider you have. I've done a lot of research on different pda/smartphones and this is how I would rate them.

Cingluar
1. Audiovox SMT5600 (smartphone)
2. Motorola mpx220 (smartphone)

T-mobile
1. Wait for the SDA Music to come to our shores (smartphone)
2. Audiovox SMT5600 and run an unlocking program (smartphone)
3. Motorola mpx220 and run an unlocking program (smartphone)

Sprint
1. Treo 650 (for palm based) (PDA phone)
or
1. Samsung i600 (for windows based) (smartphone)
2. Audiovox PPC-6601 (for windows based) (PDA phone)

Verizon
1. Treo 650 (for palm based) (PDA phone)
or
1. Wait for Samsung i730 (for windows based) (PDA phone)

A little background. I switched services from Sprint (which I liked) to Att (now Cingular) just to get the SMT5600. The phone is amazing. The size of a Nokia with all of the smartphone functions. Anyway I couldn't stand the service so I'm back to Sprint. I think I'm going to get the i600...not as good as the SMT5600 but the best Windows smartphone on Sprint's network.

FYI: For those of you that don't know...
Smartphone = Windows phone that will sync to Outlook (i.e. Tasks, Contacts, Calendar and Email)

PDA phone = Windows or Palm platform that will sync to Outlook (i.e. Tasks, Contacts, Calendar and Email), Pocket Excel (or spreadsheet software), Pocket Word (or document software), etc. PDA phones also include a touchscreen with stylus and are larger than smartphones.

Hope this helps... :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a i500 for two weeks and after two crashes, changed to Treo600. Now I like Treo's keyboard better than stylus.

I use ACT! for contact mgnt software instead of Outlook but I will explore the idea of using Outlook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts