Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEAHHH

The long wait is over I hope, my dealer in Taiwan called me today and told me that the can now replace my orange non navi screen with the color setup and I can add the reverse camera, navi, and digital cable (avaliable in Taiwan).

He is dropping by my office tomorrow to tell me more since we got cut off on the cell phone.

JIM

Hope it was not a dream, one year wait is a long long time for me.

:twisted:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
*crash*

Excuse me while I get back in my chair! That would be HUGE news! Please let us know what you find! Maybe you will get into the export business soon! :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back from the dealer and it is a replacement of the screen to color from the original orange. I am installing a black and white (color does not work as well in the alleys of Taiwan too dark to be clear) camera and will be placed on the center bumper where my reverse sensor was. The DVD player will be installed under the seat and the antenna (yuk) for the digital TV will be installed abve the rear near where the hatch and the opens along with the navigation system.

All this for a mere US$3300.00 installed :cry:

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add that my car is at the delear now getting it installed and should get it back on Friday.

Jim

·
Registered
147 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Forgot to add that my car is at the delear now getting it installed and should get it back on Friday.

Jim
will this install also gives you ICC, tire pressure monitor, and the Intelligent Key?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, and as of now it will still not be avaliable even in 05 models. This setup is a aftermarket install by the dealer. I wish they have the keyless setup love that feature on my E.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got my car back with my color screen, still needs a little tweaking but everything works from the reverse camera to the navigation (its all in chinese :cry: ) to the DVD player to the digital cable and stereo and all the antenna is hidden even the nav reciever.

The only thing is that so many remotes because of the different equiptment.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
The only thing is that so many remotes because of the different equiptment.
Hey, I have a nice programmable touchscreen (w/ re-sizable, user labeled buttons) learning universal remote w/ blue-lit LCD display and a brushed aluminum face (nice match for interior) that I rarely use, if you're interested...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MGFR

Just pmd you

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will post pics ASAP.

As for the background screen that is what I am a little trouble with but its in black and white for now.

Jim

The problem is through the dealer and they are working hard to resolve this problem.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Jim- Here's the pic of the remote. Looking at it again, I don't think it has a real Aluminum face, if that makes a difference to you, but it is Al look and looks good with the interior of the FX. Let me know...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its starting to rain again so I only took these pics, sorry if its not too clear.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
That screen looks nice, Jim.

I can see somebody in Taiwan is having fun with FX. :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
topguy said:
That screen looks nice, Jim.

I can see somebody in Taiwan is having fun with FX. :)
Just trying my best, but it took many phone calls over the year to finally get this set up done.

Jim :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually it was a one time fee for the Navigation and for the Digital Cable so no other fees.

As for the climate control there is a switch next to the vdc switch by the driver knee to switch back and forth between tv and original screen.

Jim

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jim,
Can you ask your dealer how they hook up the color screen on yours? I would like to have color screen too. No place is better than the stock location.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The original orange screen is still in the car, as of now they are using a black and white camera pointing at the screen constantly so I can switch back and forth between the original screen and the nav.

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts