Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd be interested in all opinions here.

I was planning on keeping up my usual service schedule with my new FX35 but the synthetic oil discussion in this forum has me wondering if I'm wasting time and money.

I usually change and check all fluids at either 3000 miles *or* 3 months whichever comes first. When I change I go synthetic.

Some times during the 3 months I've put as little as 1500 miles on the vehicle. But on the other hand some times those have been tough, bumper to bumper miles. and some times I felel like I've gone the full 3000 in 1 month with my foot on and off the break pedal the whole time.

Any thoughts? Since I'm using synthetic should I maybe go a little longer between changes? Or perhaps switch off of syntetic and keep the 3 month schedule? The only things I know that won't change are the traffic in Long Island / NYC / Bronx / Westchester ](*,) and that I keep my cars a very long time. (Just turned over an '82 Honda Accord last year and got $1500 for it \:D/ )

Thanks. Appreciate all thoughts on this one although I'm certain aspects of it have been covered before.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Personally, I don't place much value in changing the oil on a time schedule as long as you use your car on a regular basis, or put very little mileage on it (say only 3000/year). With synthetics, time is even less of a factor, since they tend to be much more stable than conventional oil. I just switched to AMSOil before the holidays and I'm planning on changing it at 7,500 mi. intervals, which will be about every 6-9 months for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts