Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
currently dealing to get a 2005 FX35 in silver or graphite with touring and tech.
Thing is I really want black leather not willow but many more willows seem to be available.
Any opions, wear and tear, show dirt, mark etc. on willow? Just leery of such a light color.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
239 Posts
No personal experience on Willow interior.

But if you really want black leather/interior, I would hold out for one. This is a big purchase and you shouldn't make any compromises by rushing it.

I did that when I purchased my Audi A4 and really hated myself for getting a grey interior instead of black.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
The dealer here in NM only has black interiors on their 2005.

Which is funny cuz when I bought mine, I had to go to Texas cuz here in NM they only had willow and brick.

I was very picky on my choices but every car they brought out had brick and I held out and drove to 2 states and found my perfect FX (and she is perfect :wink: )

As I always say, "choice with your heart not what you see and could possible want right now with what is available".

IMO keep looking.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I agree. Just want to get into one NOW dammit LOL!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I have willow and funny, now that I think about it I have had light interiors on almost all my cars. Normal wear and tear should not be any worse based on the color, but one place where it definitely is worse than dark is scuff marks on the door kickpanels as you get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Black seats:

Look cool
Need grey/smokey headliner; pillars
Dust central
Scream creases; cracks; spider's web effect
Won't show dirt/stains until they're filthy
Claustrophobia effect ( optional )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Williow

Look neutral
Easy to clean early
Create airy ambience ( optional )
Creases, cracks, spider's web effect are less prominent
Don't match black dash as well as beige headliner
Better cope with sunlight

Did that make picking the color easier for you now :lol: ?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have always gone with the lighter colors...no worries about burnin' your bottom on a hot summer day. At 23k miles, I've got very little wear showing on my seats. I do agree about the kick panels getting skuffed, though it hasn't been a big issue...Mr. Clean works great on them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the Willow & Black, 33K+ miles. The interior is virtually spotless, no bubbles, no wrinkles. I keep a clean car but I do live in PA and spend time walking through slushy, salty parking lots.

I have the Infiniti winter mats for this time of year for minimum maintenance. It cleans easily and wears very well. I would buy the color again in a minute.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My last car had a black interior. When I sold it at 170,000 miles, it still looked almost new. (Yeah, BMW uses better leather on the seats than Infiniti...) But it had a black exterior, and the combination of black out and in turned the car into a furnace in the summer. So I went with a tan interior on my current BMW. Much cooler. Much dirtier. Or, more accurately, the dirt shows now.

So we went with Black on our Silver FX. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Get what you want; but I am happy with the Willow.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dakine said:
Ok,
currently dealing to get a 2005 FX35 in silver or graphite with touring and tech.
Thing is I really want black leather not willow but many more willows seem to be available.
Any opions, wear and tear, show dirt, mark etc. on willow? Just leery of such a light color.
Thanks,
Nick
I was in the same situation when I was looking for my FX but I waited for the black leather. I've always loved the darker interior because it always seemed tougher to me. But now with my daughter stepping around and eating in the back seat area it's more functional now. If you really want the black interior I'd try to wait a little bit...which is always the hard part. But I'm really glad I waited. Just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.