Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone ... just wondering if it is possible or if there is any mod that can make the fog lights ON while the headlights OFF... I think it would look cool to only have the foglights ON like the BMW ... maybe someone with good photoshop skills can show us some pics. :) ... thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
people on this board have looked into it and is doesn't seem like an easy mod.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Easiest way (maybe only way) would be to wire them directly to the battery (make sure you fuse the lines) and to an aux switch. You'd have to check the diagrams as well to se if they run straight 12V or if there's any capacitance/resistance involved (no idea on these things). Not sure if this would be possible and still leave the stock wires connected for OEM functionality.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
qtrm3 said:
hello everyone ... just wondering if it is possible or if there is any mod that can make the fog lights ON while the headlights OFF... I think it would look cool to only have the foglights ON like the BMW ... maybe someone with good photoshop skills can show us some pics. :) ... thanks
Well, just in case we couldn't by-pass and get the the fogs run by itself... my other option was, the 15LEDs clearance/daytime lights on by itself = NICE !!! search around for pix (bulb model 7443) - Goodluck-
http://www.superbrightLEDs.com

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Easiest way (maybe only way) would be to wire them directly to the battery (make sure you fuse the lines) and to an aux switch. You'd have to check the diagrams as well to se if they run straight 12V or if there's any capacitance/resistance involved (no idea on these things). Not sure if this would be possible and still leave the stock wires connected for OEM functionality.
This MIGHT work if someone were to give it a shot, you'd just be giving it an alternate power source. Since the lights are switched power you'd just have to power them post-switch. Don't know what would happen if the new switch were on and you turned the lights on tho.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You would have to "five wire" the leads running to the fogs if you wanted to retain stock functionality. Basically breaking the wires away from the vehicle side and applying power to the lamps using relays and an auxiliary switch. This would be the only way, as the factory relays input and fog light switch outputs are CAN bus.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
johnmax said:
as the factory relays input and fog light switch outputs are CAN bus.
Yeah, I think I know what my next non-work embedded project is. If I can become a Master Controller on the CAN bus, I can make this car do anything I want.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
kcrudup said:
johnmax said:
as the factory relays input and fog light switch outputs are CAN bus.
Yeah, I think I know what my next non-work embedded project is. If I can become a Master Controller on the CAN bus, I can make this car do anything I want.
Does the CAN bus control wrinkling on the leather? :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Does the CAN bus control wrinkling on the leather? :lol:
If the VDC is on the CAN bus, in my case, yes, it does! I've been in curves where I expect the car to handle a certain way based on my year in the FX, and VDC kicks in and wrecks the show, causing me to have a serious case of Gluteous Maximus Contracticus, which can't be good for the seats!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
kcrudup said:
a serious case of Gluteous Maximus Contracticus, which can't be good for the seats!
I see, but still not quite as bad as the opposite effect, Gluteous Maximus Releasus, which is not a good thing under any circumstance. :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts