Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please download the attached .pdf for details on how I use these products to repair my FX leather seat bottom; and then how I used Flex Seal spray rubber in a can to get the "jet black" look.

Materials used:

* Purchase a tube of Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

* Then you can cover the seat with this leatherette seat cover you can buy on Amazon ($35):

* And if you are looking for a more comfortable seat in your FX then you might want to purchase this seat pad too ($34):

* Car Seat Gap Filler Organizer” on Amazon too ($15):

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please download the attached .pdf for details on how I use these products to repair my FX leather seat bottom; and then how I used Flex Seal spray rubber in a can to get the "jet black" look.

Materials used:

* Purchase a tube of Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

* Then you can cover the seat with this leatherette seat cover you can buy on Amazon ($35):

* And if you are looking for a more comfortable seat in your FX then you might want to purchase this seat pad too ($34):

* Car Seat Gap Filler Organizer” on Amazon too ($15):
Thanks, I am putting my Amazon gift card to use my seats are looking a bit rough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this repaired at an upholstery shop for $125 and they did a great job, they also informed me the outer part that rips is vinyl and not leather. I think it would be better to spend the extra few bucks and have it done professionally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Where I live in Hawaii we don't have any upholstery shops. Also, I found it is not a good idea to use Flex Seal black rubber spray as it did not last. Instead, make sure you get a jet back silicon glue.

The approach I took is if you want to use a seat cover and don't want to go to all the trouble of taking the seat out and brining it to the professional.

[B]fx35480[/B]: Out of curiosity, what city do you live in, and what shop did the work? ...Arizona or California? ...I have been to Mexico a lot, and I don't think they would do a seat for $125. So you got a great price. How about posting a picture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts