Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please download the attached .pdf for details on how I use these products to repair my FX leather seat bottom; and then how I used Flex Seal spray rubber in a can to get the "jet black" look.

Materials used:

* Purchase a tube of Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

* Then you can cover the seat with this leatherette seat cover you can buy on Amazon ($35):

* And if you are looking for a more comfortable seat in your FX then you might want to purchase this seat pad too ($34):

* Car Seat Gap Filler Organizer” on Amazon too ($15):

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please download the attached .pdf for details on how I use these products to repair my FX leather seat bottom; and then how I used Flex Seal spray rubber in a can to get the "jet black" look.

Materials used:

* Purchase a tube of Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

* Then you can cover the seat with this leatherette seat cover you can buy on Amazon ($35):

* And if you are looking for a more comfortable seat in your FX then you might want to purchase this seat pad too ($34):

* Car Seat Gap Filler Organizer” on Amazon too ($15):
Thanks, I am putting my Amazon gift card to use my seats are looking a bit rough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this repaired at an upholstery shop for $125 and they did a great job, they also informed me the outer part that rips is vinyl and not leather. I think it would be better to spend the extra few bucks and have it done professionally.

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Where I live in Hawaii we don't have any upholstery shops. Also, I found it is not a good idea to use Flex Seal black rubber spray as it did not last. Instead, make sure you get a jet back silicon glue.

The approach I took is if you want to use a seat cover and don't want to go to all the trouble of taking the seat out and brining it to the professional.

[B]fx35480[/B]: Out of curiosity, what city do you live in, and what shop did the work? ...Arizona or California? ...I have been to Mexico a lot, and I don't think they would do a seat for $125. So you got a great price. How about posting a picture?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didnt have to remove the seat myself, the shop did all the work. pretty quickly too, owner said it was super common on our cars and he has done multiple.
Im in Phoenix AZ. Ive been to mexico quite a bit, you could get it done for even cheaper there, the job is mostly labor, the small peice of vinyl is cheap.
Also doesnt hurt to clean and condition your leather on a regular basis, here in the desert its a must if you dont want your leather to get destroyed.
A
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fx35480: Can you provide us with the name of the shop in Phoenix? I have an RV seat I would like to have repaired and I will be passing thru Phoenix this May.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any tips on how to repair the driver's seat bottom if you have the "brick" interior in a 2007 FX35? The OEM word of "brick" is basically a shade of orange for anyone that only knows black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts