Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've loved seeing all your FX pics here. I've been reading for a while, but just recently joined. Thought I'd share my FX with you...

It's a one-of-a kind because the combination of options and colors wasn't available anywhere.

'04 35 Liquid Copper w/ Graphite interior
(Copper was available only with Brick/Black in '03)
Tech and Sport (which includes the silver rails)
Chrome wheels

Doesn't sound like much, but there are few LC's to begin with, then add Graphite interior and Tech and Sport and Chromes.
Like I said, it's a one-of-a-kind. Of course, with my mods, it's even more so.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Cool; I don't think I've ever seen an LC w/ Graphite interior.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I think they had one on the lot when we got our '03. I remember them being available.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
When I went to Grubbs they had one '03 FX35.

Which is funny, cuz I loved the LC but hated the brick and when I got to TX and saw they had an LC with graphite I was excited but still went with Black.

Very nice choice. :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
revOevoM said:
It's a one-of-a kind because the combination of options and colors wasn't available anywhere.

'04 35 Liquid Copper w/ Graphite interior
(Copper was available only with Brick/Black in '03)
Tech and Sport (which includes the silver rails)
Chrome wheels

Doesn't sound like much, but there are few LC's to begin with, then add Graphite interior and Tech and Sport and Chromes.
Like I said, it's a one-of-a-kind. Of course, with my mods, it's even more so.
1 of a kind; Maybe where You are, but I had to Jump over at least 6 of these to Finally get an LC with brick & black. Didn't want to deal with the Solid, heat absorbing black (dark) interior, besides Bricky was a "Draw" for Us. One dealer even had an older stock unit with your combo - with XM that we wanted - on the S/R floor that we could've gotten for less $. :) Then we had to go through the "Brushed" rails "Fighting" all the Chrome look :? so they swapped out Black rails for us. / Moot point cause Now we're Rail-Less anyway, HAHA, Enjoy the ride! :D

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to order my FX in Nov '03 because there were no '04's coming in (they were starting to trickle in at that time) with the colors and options I wanted. That was all the way thru the end of '03. They told me it would be three months. OK, I'm willing to wait 'cause that's what I want. I'm secretly thinking that within the three month order-to-delivery period, they'll find one either from Infiniti or from another dealer and swap for it. I built my FX online and started searching. Nothing's showing up anywhere. I found a couple in that time that had everything but the chromes and investigated what it would take to retrofit OEM chromes. I even put my dealer in touch with a dealer in NY (I'm in Atl), but the NY dealer didn't want anything mine had for a swap.

Three months turned into four months. It was absolutely a grueling wait. I drove everyone in my office crazy. I found out when the ship it was on left Japan and started keeping an eye on Pacific weather. It went thru the Panama Canal and US port was Jacksonville. Turned out to be four months to the day. Nov 15 to Mar 15. There may be another out there exactly like mine, but I doubt we'll ever cross paths.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Well let's start seeing some pics. :D Under the hood, under the car, interior, etc. - Let's get This Pic. thread going. :shock: (so far, Our only differences are Intake, Interior color, Rails and you got Your FX, 3 months before Us) You've got a $2000 performance signature already! WOW! What's Next?? ...appearance or performance?
...Gotta Love those CHROMIES! 8)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually got the chromes on a spur-of-the-moment. I'm sure glad I did. I really think they make the whole car look so much better. And I'm not a big fan of after market wheels. Most seem to just not look "natural". And, because I paid just under invoice, I got the OEMs for a pretty good price. I could never have gotten after markets for that cheap.

As for pics, I don't have a dig camera. (I try to keep low tech at home after bangin' on a keyboard at work all day.) Under the hood should look pretty much like yours, Piniti. And you know what a Stillen exhaust looks like. (Your pic above looks like it has OEM finishers. Is that a pre-Stillen pic?) And the interior is most of the time spotless clean. Only things kept in the back seat are a small rug and some towels for picking up my dog from physical therapy once a week.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
What are you using on that LC beast to keep it so slick & reflective looking?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to use Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnuba on my Acura. Ya know, the old fashioned paste wax. I thought it did a great job. Meguiar's doesn't make that anymore. So, before I stumbled upon this forum and learned about Zaino, I contacted Meguiar's and bought some of their new (earlier this year) NXT. I like it too and don't want to throw it out, so I'll probably use it up, then give Zaino a try.

I have used one Zaino product. It's their Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish. I don't know where my FX sat between production and delivery, but there were BAD :evil: hardwater spots covering it. Paint and windows. The NXT did the trick on the paint, but I tried everything on the windows with no success. Then I talked to Sal and his Glass Polish worked GREAT :) .

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. This pic was taken just a couple days after she came home and with the first NXT job. Pre Glass Polish, tho.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
revOevoM said:
So, before I stumbled upon this forum and learned about Zaino, I contacted Meguiar's and bought some of their new (earlier this year) NXT. I like it too and don't want to throw it out, so I'll probably use it up, then give Zaino a try.

I have used one Zaino product. It's their Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish. I don't know where my FX sat between production and delivery, but there were BAD :evil: hardwater spots covering it. Paint and windows. The NXT did the trick on the paint.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. This pic was taken just a couple days after she came home and with the first NXT job. Pre Glass Polish, tho.
Yes the NXT job does indeed look great. :D Please let us know about it's durabilty factor (long lasting) and if it leaves a white (wax like) residue at body seams and near moldings. What does it do when it comes in contact with the lower body clading and Tires (when you apply it to the wheels)? Thank you for your help. :eek:

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey Piniti, does your shift knob wiggle around...

got my RA93 in today (same as yours) and it wiggles a little. I know that it spins.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That's kinda personal for a pubic forum (pun intended) :oops: Nah, no wiggle, just use 2 or 3 quarters above the spring to assist both height and tension, that should get the wigglys out! :lol: Pics.?

·
Registered
882 Posts
that's what shady was talking about!!!!

I used thick rubber foam. Gonna try the quarters...thx

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with Sweet that NXT doesn't hold up as well as a wax should. I took delivery of my FX on March 15, 2004. Washed, cleaned and waxed it on March 16-17, 2004. Granted, it was the first coat of wax on new paint that was in really bad shape. But by mid-summer, it required waxing again. It takes me about five hours to complete, so doing it three (four?) times a year (2 so far) isn't too bad.

I was very careful not to get any wax on the moldings. Yes, I did put a coat of wax on the chromies and was careful there too next to the tires. I've never had a car with disc brakes that don't collect brake dust on the wheels. It simply doesn't stick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts