Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten spoiled rotten by virtually ALL my other vehicles having some kind or tray built into the center console. I have used that in the past for sunglasses and cell phones. When I am alone I use the cup holder for the cell phone and just lay the sunglasses in the passenger seat.

However when I am with my sweetie (and we sometimes have two beverages taking up the cupholders) where do I put stuff like cell phones and/or sunglasses.

PS: I have a pair of Oakley X-Metal XX and they do not fit in the drop-down holder very well.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the phone holder mount?

·
Registered
188 Posts
You have to pop off the console area around the shifter, and it has a clip that goes between that and the plastic base. There is another tab on the bottom of the mount that bends under the bottom edge of the plastic console base. Got the mount (not the holder) on Ebay for 50 bucks or so.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You think our sunglass holder is bad, you should try the G35. All my Oakleys fit up there just fine, 'cept for my Mag M-frames I use for cycling. Try fitting them in there in different ways or Just put them in the storage bin under the armrest. The small compartments under each flip-up armrest fit certain cell phones and sunglasses as well. I keep my DVD remote in one of them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My flip phone fits perfectly in my ashtray with my ashtray mod. Some sticky foam makes it fit nicely.

·
Registered
882 Posts
lol...that's where i puit my phone

·
Registered
443 Posts
same here :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Possibility for the phone; however I currently keep spare change and the mailbox key in the ashtray.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
My Blackberry won't fit in the ashtray - almost always goes into cupholder. When I need to put 2 drinks into the cupholders I just put my phone away or tuck it on its side between the drinks in the holder and the armrest console.

Oakley A-Wire sunglasses fit into drop down holder pretty nicely, no complaints there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sunglasses go in the overhead sunglass holder and the cel phone is wedged firmly between my thighs. :oops: It was a habit I got into when I had my convertible and the only way I could tell if the phone was ringing was when it vibrated. Once I get my next car it will have Bluetooth, so I will need to find a new home for the phone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
pjo1966 said:
Sunglasses go in the overhead sunglass holder and the cel phone is wedged firmly between my thighs. :oops: It was a habit I got into when I had my convertible and the only way I could tell if the phone was ringing was when it vibrated. Once I get my next car it will have Bluetooth, so I will need to find a new home for the phone.
why wait for the car to have bluetooth? I have a BT headset that can go with me anywhere...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pjo1966 said:
... cell phone is wedged firmly between my thighs ... the only way I could tell if the phone was ringing was when it vibrated.
Gives new meaning to the phone advertisement to "reach out and touch someone." :love10: I'd tell my sweetie that she could call anytime :love4:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
why wait for the car to have bluetooth? I have a BT headset that can go with me anywhere...
Same here. I leave my cell phone in the small top compartment of the armrest and the BT earpiece clipped to my sunvisor. Sunglasses go in the overhead holder.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
pjo1966 said:
I don't like wearing headsets. Plus, when the phone rings I can just look at the display on the Nav screen (X3) for caller ID while still keeping the road ahead in view.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I drive this puppy FX like I'm in autocross/race track so phone is staying with me...between my legs, sunglasses is up there where it's suppose to be.
Like a habit from the previous car, I don't drink or eat when driving. :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
at this moment i have no clue where my cell phone is. may be in the armrest but who knows we shall see :roll:
used to have two (job+personal) and sometimes could not find either.
i definitely do not use the phone when i am driving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't like wearing headsets. Plus, when the phone rings I can just look at the display on the Nav screen (X3) for caller ID while still keeping the road ahead in view.

Please don't tell me you are getting rid of your FX for an X3. I'm a former BMW owner and typically love their vehicles in terms of performance, styling and build-quality, but the X3 is soooooo UGLY. It looks like a retarded Honda CRV. I'm sorry, but this is one BMW I don't find worth the money. It's underpowered and cheap looking. Just my opinion. If you like it I guess that's all that matters.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts