Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
what is the "350Z OEM intake system "? i just put a z-tube and jwt pop on my fx. not sure about injen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM=Factory tube
What I am trying to figure out is if the Injen intake will fit on the FX, really. I mean, the Injen is manufactured as a cold air intake (two piece) system, but I would love to try it out on the FX.....ultimately, my question is this? Has anyone fitted any other upper intake piece besides the OEM Z tube?

Alex

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ahhhh...i personally have not read about anyone trying this on the FX yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. Time to give it a whirl. I will post my results later on this week. I just refuse to believe that none of the intakes on the market (upper pieces) will fit. IMO, it would look great to have a full polished intake tube with an open element filter....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The FX intake tube is approx. 4" shorter than the Z tube, thus the need to extend it when replacing the stock FX tube with it. The Injen upper tube will likely be similar in length to the Z tube, therefore be a bit short and will set the filter further back in the engine bay. I really don't know why you'd want to use the Injen short ram as oppased to the Stillen or Popcharger with Z tube. The injen will have no heat sheild and not utilize the stock air inlets; you'll be sucking a lot more hot air than either of the other two intakes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Namely because I have easy access to them (Injen tubes, I mean)
and because I would really like to have a polished intake system installed. If this works out, I will have the vehicle dyno'd at Street Flight here in PHX to see what kind of gains we are talking about.

Alex

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was wondering the same thing and cam to this conclusion. The Injen Upper chrome tube for the 350Z with a jwt pop charger would p;probably work. But I think its more for bling since the Z tube does the job just as well.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
mushutofu said:
I think its more for bling since the Z tube does the job just as well.
If not better; less heat soak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts