Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got an 04' FX35 with sport/touring/tech. My wife said she had driven a sport before and she couldn't feel a difference in the ride between sport and non-sport. We traded in the Lexus GS300 and they gave us a loaner FX35 Touring for a coupe days while our new car was being shipped in. Our FX35 arrived and we drove it home. It rides TERRIBLE compared to the non-sport. Now my wife is bitching because she's not happy with the ride quality. HERE'S MY QUESTION---- I know the sport package has different suspension. Will going back to 18's without changing the suspension make much difference? HELP GET THIS CRAZY WOMAN OFF MY BACK!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
18's will help somewhat but most of it is in the suspension...PM me if your interested in a trade.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Check the tire pressure. It should be 32psi cold. Mine was delivered @ 45psi.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes, deffinitley check the tire pressures. Also, the suspension loosens up a bit after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ditto on the checking the tire pressure - mine was delivered at ~45 psi. My wife and I test drove both the Sport and non-Sport considerably - the consensus was that the ride was very much road/surface dependent. On most roads we could not tell the difference; however on some roads the Sport is definitely harsher (but not so much so to be a distration in my opinion).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Test Drives

caseycarson said:
My wife said she had driven a sport before and she couldn't feel a difference in the ride between sport and non-sport ... Our FX35 arrived and we drove it home. It rides TERRIBLE compared to the non-sport. !!!!
Did YOU test drive them before the purchase? Is it you or your wife who thinks the Sport rides "TERRIBLE"? Who will be the primary driver?

If the Primary driver thinks it rides "TERRIBLE" (after confirming tire pressure) then I think you should trade it - the thing costs too much money to be miserable in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am guessing the only difference is the springs? Perhaps you can have the dealer install the non-sport springs for you.

How many miles where on the loaner fx? Your new fx with its new springs will be much stiffer initially. You should wait a few thousand miles for everything to settle, and if you still think its too stiff, then look into softer springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The loaner had 1100 miles. I'm gonna check the pressure this evening. She is the primary driver and isn't happy. I am bummed because i really like the look of the 20's but I have to agree with the wife about the ride quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts