Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '03 FX35 has 70K miles on it. Dealer serviced since new per the 3,750 mile oil change schedule. This past April, at 60K miles, I took over responsibility for changing the oil/filter. I use Mobil 1 10W30 Extended Performance with a Mobil 1 M1-110 "tall" filter. I increased the drain interval to 7,500K miles. She's getting right at 19 mpg city and averages 23.0 - 23.5 mpg highway. K&N air filter is installed.

I find that I have to top it off at a rate of 1 to 1.5 quarts of replacement oil in between changes. I can't find overt evidence of any leaks either on my garage floor, or on the underside of the engine and it's cover panel. Also, I'm not getting any indication that it's markedly burning oil, i.e... blue smoke via exhaust.

Do you guys have similar experiences with needing to replenish oil at a roughly similar rate between changes?

Thanks,
TD

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
That's about what I use and I run mine pretty hard.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Thanks for the reminder guys.

I'm also running Mobil1 changing at the 7k interval. Halfway there and time to check out my oil levels. I'll let you know if I need to top off as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife's '03 FX35 has 70K miles on it. Dealer serviced since new per the 3,750 mile oil change schedule. This past April, at 60K miles, I took over responsibility for changing the oil/filter. I use Mobil 1 10W30 Extended Performance with a Mobil 1 M1-110 "tall" filter. I increased the drain interval to 7,500K miles. She's getting right at 19 mpg city and averages 23.0 - 23.5 mpg highway. K&N air filter is installed.

I find that I have to top it off at a rate of 1 to 1.5 quarts of replacement oil in between changes. I can't find overt evidence of any leaks either on my garage floor, or on the underside of the engine and it's cover panel. Also, I'm not getting any indication that it's markedly burning oil, i.e... blue smoke via exhaust.

Do you guys have similar experiences with needing to replenish oil at a roughly similar rate between changes?

Thanks,
TD
My 2006 FX45 has consistently used 1 qt/5000 miles since first purchasing in 2008.. Now at 215K and still using same. That's quite good at any age of a car. Get the same with my 2009 FX50 at 170K. Change both at 6-7K. Two great cars for me and the wifey. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts